• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3M Peltor TEP-100 Rechargeables Vs. Etymotic GSP (EB)-15

vh20

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2012
OK, I know there are like three different threads on ear pro active right now, but I have a specific question regarding two specific products:

Does anyone have any experience comparing these two products (see title)? Etymotic has a rechargeable version on the horizon, it was supposed to be out in July, then August, now they're saying they don't know, "maybe" October or November. I would prefer a rechargeable product if possible, and I want to know if the Peltors have as much admiration around here as the Etymotics (people who have them seem to really love them)? Thanks

I have the 3M and I am happy with them. I think that they were less than 200 bucks on amazon

I have the Peltors. The case with built in charger is convenient. The one complaint i have is the wind noise. I don't know if the competitors are any better.

I have the Peltors. The case with built in charger is convenient. The one complaint i have is the wind noise. I don't know if the competitors are any better.

Thanks (to you both). Regarding wind noise, is this even WHEN you use the provided replaceable wind screens over the mics?

I really like the Peltors, especially with the Skull Screw ear plugs. The battery case recharger works great, though the run time is not the 8 hours advertised, closer to 4-5 hours. Not really a problem for my use. On longer days I have been able to conserve power by turning them off and relying on the passive protection. As well they go in the charger when not needed.

Rasyad

The new Gunsport Elites (rechargable) from Etymotic will be out next month. My team will have them at the GAP Grind for demo etc. (We are RO'ing)

As for wind noise, that issue has been addressed with these. Etymotic repositioned the mic, thus eliminating any and all potential wind noise. They are downright slick!

I'm glad I saw this thread! I'll wait for the new Etymotic ones!

I have been very happy with my peltors. I've had them for around 2 years now and they get used at least one day a week.

Been running the peltors for 2 years now. Skull screws have been great. No issues with wind noise for me.

I have the GSP-15 and really love them. Changing out batteries is kind of a pain, but for those that want to upgrade to the Elites, Etymotic has stated they will allow for trade-ups for the difference in price. For $50 I think I'm going to give the new rechargeables a try.

Glad I saw this, about new Etymotics. I lost mine at Gap Grind after match. Using foam in recent weeks, arghh. Cant hear anything, lol. Miss my Etymotics, badly. Used for PRS since spring, tested fully, and passed with flying colors. Great product!

Dan
NC

Had the 3M..and the Etymotics...my ears are too sensitive (hyperacusis)..Sound can be conducted by air and by bone . Both reduced sound
Despite my ear canal blockage from these devices, i still found the sound too loud as conducted thru my mastoid bone.
So My solution is foam plugs and MSR muffs.

I have used the tep-100’s for about a year now and really like them. As stated above, battery life is definitely not 8 hours though.

I spoke with the owners of Etymotic at the PNTC match earlier this month. The Elites are still being perfected and we have been giving them valuable feedback with what we've been finding from using the regular GSP's. The Elites are going to be better than anything out there. They won't release a sub-par product, which is why it's taking longer than anticipated. The design has already changed some from what they showed at SHOT.

I have been trying to research the 2 mentioned models as well as the Walker Silencers. Haven’t found a comparison on all 3 anywhere.

My my concern with both the Etymotic and the Peltor are the batteries and the lack of an on and off switch. Intriguing that the Walkers has a switch.

I spoke with the owners of Etymotic at the PNTC match earlier this month. The Elites are still being perfected and we have been giving them valuable feedback with what we've been finding from using the regular GSP's. The Elites are going to be better than anything out there. They won't release a sub-par product, which is why it's taking longer than anticipated. The design has already changed some from what they showed at SHOT.

Well, we're now at SHOT-18... about seven months late, and a year after first introduction. You hear anything else on when they are releasing them??

Well, we're now at SHOT-18... about seven months late, and a year after first introduction. You hear anything else on when they are releasing them??

I'll know more at SHOT next week. #irony

I'll know more at SHOT next week. #irony

Keep us posted if you don't mind.

Also, if you don't mind, inquire on a military discount and a POC for such a discount... for when they finally become available.

Hello gents- There seems to be a licensing deal at play between OTTO and Etymotic. I just got a set of OTTO NoizeBarrier earpro today that appear identical to the Etymotic GunSport Elite earpro I saw at NRA last year. Same rechargeable case, two modes, grills over the mics, soft touch controls on the earbuds themselves. MSRP is $380. The inside of the box actually has an Etymotic logo on it. I'm not sure how they differ from the Elites, but I wouldn't be surprised to find they are identical with the only change being the branding; OTTO may have inked a deal with Etymotic for the rights to sell into the .mil space. I've yet to shoot with them, but as soon as I do I'll get something up on RECOILweb.

Looks like OpticsPlanet is taking orders at $358.59 so you could get them down to $322.64 with their frequent 10% off. Only question is how long until they ship. Somewhat tempted to just order the OTTO ones to have them soon.

Hello gents- There seems to be a licensing deal at play between OTTO and Etymotic. I just got a set of OTTO NoizeBarrier earpro today that appear identical to the Etymotic GunSport Elite earpro I saw at NRA last year. Same rechargeable case, two modes, grills over the mics, soft touch controls on the earbuds themselves. MSRP is $380. The inside of the box actually has an Etymotic logo on it. I'm not sure how they differ from the Elites, but I wouldn't be surprised to find they are identical with the only change being the branding; OTTO may have inked a deal with Etymotic for the rights to sell into the .mil space. I've yet to shoot with them, but as soon as I do I'll get something up on RECOILweb.

Man, I've waited a year for those Etys! You're saying these here are available, ready to ship now, or same time as the Etys?

Just emailed Otto about mil discount on their version! Hopefully its worth while1