• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3rd Annual 4R Rifle Club Team Hunting Challenge

bailey1474

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2009
Oklahoma
www.3rdgss.com
We've secured a place to have our match and set the date for Sept. 25, 2010. Made a few changes from last year as we have to speed this thing up. Teams will have to find the targets themselves. ROs will not point them out. They will be very conspicious, painted orange and numbered. Once the other team gets their stuff of the line and you step up to the line time will start. There will be no setup time. You will start with everthing in your hands. If you've got more than you and your team mate can carry that's too much gear. Better leave some at home.

We will also be doing a known distance speed shoot. There will be 6 targets @ known distances and each team member will have 45 seconds to shoot all targets. One shot per target and 2 points per target. Rifle used in speed shoot must have been shot for at least 1/2 of regular match.

Mail entry to:

Gene Sears Supply
Attn: B.J. Bailey
2003 S. Shepard Ave.
El Reno, OK 73036

Call me @ the numbers on the flyer or PM me w/any questions.

shoot10.jpg

Re: 3rd Annual 4R Rifle Club Team Hunting Challenge

Rich can't dance I've seen him

Updated the flyer as Bobby Whittington was good enough to give us a couple of certs. for his long range school @ Badlands.

This sounds like a blast!! Should have entry in the mail in the next couple of days.

Updated the flyer again. Going to mount the NF scopes on the Savage rifles and those will go to the first place team. Aslo got conformation that we will have a pair of Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50mm scopes to give away as well as two pair of the new Swarovski SLC HD binos. Prizes are looking pretty good!!

Entry in the mail. Looking forward to the Match!!!

Rich informed me last night that he and Geordi will be bringing a couple of their new targets up for prizes as well.

Put Zeiss on the flyer as we've got two of the Victory 8x26 T PRF rangefinders on the way!! Only got about 7 slots left. Top 7 or 8 teams should come away with more than their entry fee w/the upper end being WAY ahead!!

Will let u know when I see it.

If the Max number of rounds was fired you would need 84 rounds. Now that is if u are using one rifle. You wont need near that many if u and your partner both have guns.

Yes bringing 2 targets for the prize table

Think I've got the list of prizes pretty well ironed out. Here it is. Also keep in mind that whatever money I have left I will kick back in as well.

2 - NFNXS15 2 - Savage .308 Precision Carbines 2 - Talley 20 MOA Rails 2 - Warne 30mm Rings 2 - Harris Bipods $5,192

2 - Vortex Razor HD Riflescopes $4,400

2 - Swarovski SLC 10x42 HD Binos $4,258

2 - Surgeon 591 Actions $2,600

2 - Leupold GR Spotting Scope Kits $2,400

2 - Beretta CX4 Storm Carbines $1,540

2 - McMillan A5 Adj. Stocks $1,500

2 - Zeiss 8x26 PRF Range Finders $1,400

2 - Certificates for Badlands Training $1,000

2 - Leica CRF 900 LRF $998

2 - Horndady LNL Power Case Prep Center $670

2 - Krieger 5R Barrels $650

2 - Eberlestock Drag Bag $580

2 - Hordady LNL Autocharge $550

2 - 22 RF Supressors from Benson Firearms $550

2 - $250 off Bighorn Action $500

2 - Outback AR500 Steel Targets $400

2 - Certificates for 5 bx Sierra Bullets $350

2 - Targets and Stands from Impuse Target $320

3 - Certificates for 3 bx Berger Bullets $315

2 - US PeaceKeepers Shooting Mats $270

2 - Tac Force Bags $130

4 - Applied Ballistics Books $160

Total for all Prizes $31,093

That is a great list!!! I cant wait this is going to be a great shoot.

2 or 3 spots left better get those entries in

Just wanted to put a teaser out there. Here are the two Savage 10 Precision Carbines w/NF NXS 3.5-15x56mm NPR1 ZS HST scopes mounted on them. Shoot well and these could be yours!!

winner.jpg

Not much to reveal. Most targets will be able to be shot prone. There will be a few that you will not be able to shoot prone. I don't care how you shoot any of the targets. You can shoot then all free handed if u like. We are just going to set them up and let the competitors find the best way for them to score the targets. More of a practical shoot than tactical.

Just talked signed up over the phone. Very excited for the match sounds like a great time. Coming from Utah anxious to see how my dope changes! Anyone have experiance with dope changing from 6600FT to 1300Ft Is it alot, or not to be worried about?

Gonna have to add some clicks, that's for sure!! Make sure and give me a call and I'll hook you up w/some guys on Friday so you can go check your bring ups.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bailey1474</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gonna have to add some clicks, that's for sure!! Make sure and give me a call and I'll hook you up w/some guys on Friday so you can go check your bring ups.</div></div>

Yea we will definetly be calling.

Can anyone sugest a good cheap place to stay Thursday night in Oklahoma City we will arrive pretty late.
Is there lodging anywhere close to the match site if so where should I be looking?
Thanks for any info I have never been to OK!
We are excited to meet some new shooters outside of Utah.
Now I am off to review airline regs for checking guns! This outta be good.

I would just book some rooms in chickasha for thurs and Friday night. Its only about 30-40 min from the okc airport. It is probably also the closest to the match that I would recommend. On top of that it is only about 20 min from the range where u will go to shoot on Friday.

I think we are going to try to stay at the Best Western in Chickasha. For two nights with 2 double beds the online rates were right at 119, it might be a little more with taxes. The super 8 was right at 135 with taxes. Were getting rooms on Friday and Sat night. You have to show all rooms to find the 119 one.

Bailey,

What time of the day on Friday will we be able to go shoot?

Anytime. I'll just put you in contact w/Rick Reeves and you guys can work out the details. There is a couple of teams coming down from UT that will need to go shoot as well so we might try and get everyone together and go @ the same time.

Added 2 targets from Implulse Targets as well as two Krieger 5r barrels to the list. Getting close to that $30,000 mark!!

WTW let me know what time you are going to try to shoot on Friday so we can meet up and go together. We will be ready anytime after around 11am. We will need to drive to Elreno to get our rifles friday morning then drive to where ever the range is.

B.J. how about a list of shooter's?

Mick

I will post a full list next Monday. I plan to draw the names next weekend for shooting order. If you are not one of the first 4 or 5 team to go, there is no reason to be there @ 7am. However, if your not there when it's your turn you will be moved to last.

Also want to put a feeler out there about doing a silent auction for a calcutta. After I post the list, people can email me w/who they want to buy and how much they will give for them. Ties will be broken by whomever emailed me first. You can just bring the money to the match if you win any bids. Bids would close on Thursday @ noon so I could let everyone know how much money to bring. Anyone who did not sell in the silent auction can be bought on the day of the match. Let me know what you guys think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bailey1474</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Also want to put a feeler out there about doing a silent auction for a calcutta. After I post the list, people can email me w/who they want to buy and how much they will give for them. Ties will be broken by whomever emailed me first. You can just bring the money to the match if you win any bids. Bids would close on Thursday @ noon so I could let everyone know how much money to bring. Anyone who did not sell in the silent auction can be bought on the day of the match. Let me know what you guys think. </div></div>
thats a good idea to keep us from having to get there so early but either way you decide is fine.

B.J. pick Rich first so he has to be there first thing in the morning!! He's a early riser.

Calcutta anytime, but I would prefer to do it live before match. But I'm good either way.

Mick

As far as rules go, it will just be an open auction. Anybody can buy anybody. It will pay the top two or three places depending on how much money it brings it. We can do it live but we will need everyone there @ 7:00 AM. I just thought the online deal might speed it up and I think most of the guys that would bring good money in a live calcutta will do well online as well. I think we'll try it and see what happens. I will try and let everyone know but if you guys could tell the ones that you know that would help out tremendously.

Just thought of something else; What if I posted the list on a separate thread and just opened the bidding on that thread? Then everyone could see what was going on vs a silent auction. Would run from Monday to Thursday @ noon just like the silent auction.

BJ I am trying to figure out how many rounds I need to bring. You said there will be a total of 20 to 24 targets and an possibly a 5 shot speed round at the end. That will put me at possibly 77 rounds right? Hopefully 77 rounds weighs less than 11 pounds!!

Edit:
OK I'm stupid I reread above and found I may need 84 rounds!

How is this one going to be scored? I saw the part about the 3, 2, and 1 points. Is this going points plus time used? I'm just curious. I'm looking forward to the match.

BJ, are 18" x 24" signs with 12" to 14" numbers too large? I can make em any size but wanted to get started tonight so that I can deliver them to you on Monday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GWinOKC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BJ, are 18" x 24" signs with 12" to 14" numbers too large? I can make em any size but wanted to get started tonight so that I can deliver them to you on Monday.</div></div>

Hell with the signs that is a good size for the targets!!!!

distantfoe, thanks... I kinda knew that but was hoping that he might check the ole computer sometime tonight. I just offered my help for the event and having a sign business kinda helps. I look forward to meeting lots of shooters with similar interest. I have shot my whole life and just recently got into building... or having built, long range rifles. I'm hoping to learn a little etiquette and get aquainted with the process.

This would be a great event to hang out and getta feel for what goes on.

Sorry guys. I'm down at badlands taking a class. The speed shoot will be 5 targets of a known distance in 40 sec. 2 pts per hit.

Greg,

Whatever size u want to do is fine by me.

Utah,

Yes u can get a car there w/no trouble.

Now off to the range!!!

BJ,

I will deliver them to the shop on Monday or Tuesday.

Hope you are having a good time at Badlands, something that I will probably do before long.