• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3x5 Reference and Data Cards, updated

rybe390

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2017
Hey Folks!

After building my first set of 3x5 data book cards, I've gone through and made some edits that I've found to be pretty meaningful. Thought I'd share them here and let people have them if they'd like.

First things first, download links:

Imgur gallery for jpegs:

Google drive shared folder to PDF downloads: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1jEbF68UVaSv7VXtup1TChRAJ-LJNtU-O

I made some updates and edits to the past round of cards. My main goal with this project is to have a few 3x5 cards that are laminated and act as a reference data book, as well as give you the tools needed for data collection and data management in a pretty compact form.

Edits:

Pdf share if updated cards: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gVDHRQ4fuObb6hIw3RlZ8pLfw7Qj9iau/view?usp=drivesdk

Share folder for all tools: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1jEbF68UVaSv7VXtup1TChRAJ-LJNtU-O

Built an updated DA chart so it was horizontal in my wrist coach. 10/10 stole the magpul idea and expanded on it a bit.

Built a pre filled range estimation card

Added MOA/MIL scale to the main reference page.

Built out a trajectory validation 3x5 card. These will be handy at the range when you are confirming data. Toss down a few ranges and what your calc says, shoot, record impact, and then play with the calc to get confirmed new BC. Confirm that data at a few other ranges, check confirmation box, and you have data to take home.

For me, the DA card and ranging card will live full time in my wrist coach, with my outer page obviously being my 3x5 drop chart.

The reference pages are for me to print, laminate, and hole punch, then connect together to have a handy data book. The DA chart and ranging card will be a part of this. My hope is to have one of these reference page packets, with hard dope 3x5's and backup data, etc, as well as a few blank cards, for each rifle, all tucked into a little 3x5 wallet basically. That way you can grab the data for the gun you're using and have everything you'd need.

I'll post some photos of the setup once I print these out and get them in my little mini data book for my Bergara. This should help keep a lot of different info in once place!

Holler if there's anything you guys want to see built out or could find useful, or if there's any comments to what I've built here.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Slowly working on a 3x5 data book myself.

Attachments

• 053DA34B-4C3F-4603-88F4-92E6D7561F99.jpeg
    053DA34B-4C3F-4603-88F4-92E6D7561F99.jpeg
    414.2 KB · Views: 182
  • DE918610-D20B-4D4B-BC87-CB377F5DE01E.jpeg
    DE918610-D20B-4D4B-BC87-CB377F5DE01E.jpeg
    442 KB · Views: 194
  • 921E720A-354C-4C57-9B83-B5A33216370D.jpeg
    921E720A-354C-4C57-9B83-B5A33216370D.jpeg
    445.2 KB · Views: 209
Reactions: Habu34 and EN2722
Still ironing out what info I want and trying to keep it simple

Attachments

• 7F2FD416-881C-419C-B498-A8D8A444E72B.jpeg
    7F2FD416-881C-419C-B498-A8D8A444E72B.jpeg
    388.9 KB · Views: 153
  • F9EB471D-9485-4ED9-98B5-DF991D0CF9A9.jpeg
    F9EB471D-9485-4ED9-98B5-DF991D0CF9A9.jpeg
    415.4 KB · Views: 160
Reactions: Habu34
Still ironing out what info I want and trying to keep it simple
I like it! It's always nice to have reference info on hand. I would say from building mine, only put what you think you'd use. We've all seen the data book with too much shit. Keep it streamlined and simple.

Reactions: USMC22
For anyone who cares, I have a shared drive folder, and have made some good updates to the data book. There are also drop chart tools, to basically copy JBM data and output 3x5 cards.

Reactions: USMC22
For anyone who cares, I have a shared drive folder, and have made some good updates to the data book. There are also drop chart tools, to basically copy JBM data and output 3x5 cards.

Really like those but not set up for color or the 4 cards per page format. My printer is black ink only and does individual cards. Really sweet setup you got though!

Very nice. I appreciate the share as well.
You bet. Holler with anything you see could use improvement, it's a tool I hope people use and give feedback on. Just wanted to make a better way for me to organize my data on range days.

So... this is probably a silly question, but what the heck. Not my first, nor the last ;)

Are you printing these out on card stock, and then cutting them up, or something else?

Hey Folks!

After building my first set of 3x5 data book cards, I've gone through and made some edits that I've found to be pretty meaningful. Thought I'd share them here and let people have them if they'd like.

First things first, download links:

Imgur gallery for jpegs:

Google drive shared folder to PDF downloads: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1jEbF68UVaSv7VXtup1TChRAJ-LJNtU-O

I made some updates and edits to the past round of cards. My main goal with this project is to have a few 3x5 cards that are laminated and act as a reference data book, as well as give you the tools needed for data collection and data management in a pretty compact form.

Edits:

Pdf share if updated cards: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gVDHRQ4fuObb6hIw3RlZ8pLfw7Qj9iau/view?usp=drivesdk

Share folder for all tools: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1jEbF68UVaSv7VXtup1TChRAJ-LJNtU-O

Built an updated DA chart so it was horizontal in my wrist coach. 10/10 stole the magpul idea and expanded on it a bit.

Built a pre filled range estimation card

Added MOA/MIL scale to the main reference page.

Built out a trajectory validation 3x5 card. These will be handy at the range when you are confirming data. Toss down a few ranges and what your calc says, shoot, record impact, and then play with the calc to get confirmed new BC. Confirm that data at a few other ranges, check confirmation box, and you have data to take home.

For me, the DA card and ranging card will live full time in my wrist coach, with my outer page obviously being my 3x5 drop chart.

The reference pages are for me to print, laminate, and hole punch, then connect together to have a handy data book. The DA chart and ranging card will be a part of this. My hope is to have one of these reference page packets, with hard dope 3x5's and backup data, etc, as well as a few blank cards, for each rifle, all tucked into a little 3x5 wallet basically. That way you can grab the data for the gun you're using and have everything you'd need.

I'll post some photos of the setup once I print these out and get them in my little mini data book for my Bergara. This should help keep a lot of different info in once place!

Holler if there's anything you guys want to see built out or could find useful, or if there's any comments to what I've built here.

Cheers!

Thanks for sharing 👍

So... this is probably a silly question, but what the heck. Not my first, nor the last ;)

Are you printing these out on card stock, and then cutting them up, or something else?
Nah man, not silly.

I print these on paper, then laminate them for a durable option. I print the 3x5 blank cards or stuff I put data into, input that on cardstock then cut it. Always nice to have a few spare range cards.

Here's what my data book looks like

Reactions: acudaowner
This is really cool. I have a similar reference book that I was struggling to figure out how to convert to landscape format and fit to my armband.

Is there any chance you would be willing to share the soft copy of the DA table and/or the first page with the wind dial?

This is really cool. I have a similar reference book that I was struggling to figure out how to convert to landscape format and fit to my armband.

Is there any chance you would be willing to share the soft copy of the DA table and/or the first page with the wind dial?
Thanks! Pretty excited to have it fully built out. It's been nice to have my stuff organized and most importantly, accessible.

I just wanted one spot for some reference info, field info just in case, data backups, and data gathering tools. I think a little 3x5 packet that gets that done is pretty neat.

I just added all of my soft files for building each component into the below share folder. These took me some time to put together and make work, so hopefully you can get some use out of them.