• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

4-16x50 vs 5-25x56 ATACR

Bigrederic

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2018
Petersburg Alaska
So, I have been considering doing some trading with a friend to acquire a ZCO 5-27 with some money on top for 2 of my PMii's. In the process I will need to acquire another scope. I am thinking if I do this trade that I will pick up another ATACR after being impressed with the 7-35 I picked up recently. I am thinking of putting the 4-16 on my 308. I rarely shoot on anything new 20x with my PMii that is on it, and that is only when I am shooting it out at 1300yrds. How much do you think I would be giving up to go with the 4-16 ??

Is there anything else I should be looking at in this price range ??

ATACR below the 7-35 are a half-step behind PM2 and ZCO etc. This isn't a knock since they are alot less expensive and have other virtues.

x42 for a daylight optic is nice and low profile, wider FOV and only 30 oz etc. also has good reticles.

Reactions: deersniper
I was looking at the 50mm... with a Mil XT, I imagine the are a step or so back. But I imagine they are a step or so ahead of a scope like the Gen 2 Razor... close to a Kahles.. with less CA.

4-16 is badass.

Attachments

• 606DEFE4-07A1-4C31-80D5-3B1DE078A752.jpeg
    606DEFE4-07A1-4C31-80D5-3B1DE078A752.jpeg
    694.8 KB · Views: 64
ZCO 4-20

But seriously a 4-16 should be fine. How far are your targets and what size? I smoked a ghog at 680 with a ATACR 4-16. Plenty of magnification.

I would go with the x42. That lower profile turret and knobs are great.

I hear great things about the glass on the nx8 4-32. Supposed to be closer to the 7-35 glass than you would think.

The 4-32 NX8 would definitely provide more options in a similar sized package as the 4-16. Just depends on where you want the top end, 30mm vs 34mm tube, etcetera. Don’t know if you put things in front of and / or above your scopes.

Well I was just told that they are not accepting new orders on 4-16×50 F1 scopes... The rifle it will be going on is the one I shoot the most. That being said it is because with my schedule at work. I don't make it out to out long range spot much. This summer I made it out one time, the rest of the time I am regulated to about 450 yards, on 1/3 IPSC's.

Well I was just told that they are not accepting new orders on 4-16×50 F1 scopes... The rifle it will be going on is the one I shoot the most. That being said it is because with my schedule at work. I don't make it out to out long range spot much. This summer I made it out one time, the rest of the time I am regulated to about 450 yards, on 1/3 IPSC's.
Il give you a deal on a mil c one.

I just want the x42. I had a moa one but sold it and got the x50 mil c

ZCO 4-20

But seriously a 4-16 should be fine. How far are your targets and what size? I smoked a ghog at 680 with a ATACR 4-16. Plenty of magnification.

I would go with the x42. That lower profile turret and knobs are great.

I hear great things about the glass on the nx8 4-32. Supposed to be closer to the 7-35 glass than you would think.
going to a 1000y.