• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

4-20-50 ATACR

308Gunner

Full Bird Private
Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2013
    W TEXAS
    D6076265-C198-4781-B0AD-379E731B8808.jpeg

The article states that he had 44.4 mils of total elevation.

I know the NF ATACR 7-35 had similar with offering quite a bit more travel than advertised, not sure why they do this. I would make sure that the scope is still usable as I have seen image degradation fall quickly at the extremes of travel, maybe that is the case here. If the scope wasn’t such a heavy beast I’d probably try it out but I prefer my scopes to be under 35oz if it’s going on a crossover rig which most of mine are.

Reactions: Guthwine
    I agree 100%, if it was 30oz it would be awesome. I am not trading in my Kahles 3-18, but this could be a really good scope.

Reactions: Glassaholic
    I just inquired about the 4-20x50 and it's on a 6-9 month backorder apparently, thought I might grab one for comparison for my review of the new March 4.5-28... guess not. Not too surprised as their are a lot of NF fans out there.

Unless NF is offering 1K discounts... the ZCO 4-20 still exists.
    I've had the ZCO 4-20 and it is, in my opinion, the best ultra short out there (but the March 4.5-28 I think will give it some serious competition), I would still have it if they had a better reticle, but I am not a fan of their current reticle offerings and think the Gen 3XR, FML-TR1 and Mil-XT are all "better", yes reticle is personal preference and plenty of shooters love the ZCO offerings so really vanilla vs. chocolate here. One thing I will say, the ZCO has quite a bit more FOV than the ATACR 4-20 which is another plus, but I'd still like to check out an ATACR 4-20 at some point.

The ZC-4x20 has become my favorite scope and I am still saving for another one.I have the mpct 1 reticle and like it a-lot.But like you said reticles are a personal preference.