• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

nick338

Commander- of what I have no idea
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2013
Isn't it about time Glock released a 4" version in 10MM? The grip on the 29 is terrible for all but the smallest of hands and the 20 is not great for concealed carry. The Glock 19/23 size is among the most popular size for an all-purpose handgun and it seems like 10mm now has the traction to warrant more options. Would be nice when traveling to states that actually reciprocate for carry to just have one handgun.

If you are going to carry a 10mm then do it right and carry a big one.
Small 10mm pistols are pointless, hard to shoot and you would be better off just getting a .40 S&W

In my opinion, 10mm is only worth it over the hot 9mm and hot .40 S&W if you are going to carry full house or full house+ rounds in a pistol with a barrel long enough to get you decent velocity and in a gun big enough and heavy enough that you can shoot it repeatedly with ease.

Glock 20 or the Sig P320 X-Ten are about the smallest I'd go in a double stack 10mm

There are nice single stack options in the 1911 style and also in the Sig P220 line.

If you want a small 4" barrel pistol and want more than a 9, just get either a .40 S&W or a .357 Sig and be good with it.

Reactions: Big Phish
If you are going to carry a 10mm then do it right and carry a big one.
Small 10mm pistols are pointless, hard to shoot and you would be better off just getting a .40 S&W

In my opinion, 10mm is only worth it over the hot 9mm and hot .40 S&W if you are going to carry full house or full house+ rounds in a pistol with a barrel long enough to get you decent velocity and in a gun big enough and heavy enough that you can shoot it repeatedly with ease.

Glock 20 or the Sig P320 X-Ten are about the smallest I'd go in a double stack 10mm

There are nice single stack options in the 1911 style and also in the Sig P220 line.

If you want a small 4" barrel pistol and want more than a 9, just get either a .40 S&W or a .357 Sig and be good with it.
I load my own and I promise you my loads in a 4" and fully supported barrel are giving up nothing to a standard 4.5-4.6 barrel. 800X while it is no longer produced is hands down the best 10MM powder for speed and I have plenty of it. Been shooting and loading 10MM out of all different barrel lengths for 15 years so I'm no stranger to it's capabilities.

I wish they would make a single stack 10mm.
With a full-length handle for those of us who don't have lady-hands and don't want our pinkie hanging off the bottom... Can't stand that shit. That's why I never carried sub-comps for years.

I'd love to see a single-stack full-length grip .357 Sig and .45 Auto, as well...

Reactions: Jrb572
With a full-length handle for those of us who don't have lady-hands and don't want our pinkie hanging off the bottom... Can't stand that shit. That's why I never carried sub-comps for years.

I'd love to see a single-stack full-length grip .357 Sig and .45 Auto, as well...

In single stacks, I personally love the Sig P220 Elite in 10mm
Heavy and big yes, but pretty slim and handles hot loads like a champ and is easy to keep on target.

I had every glock 10mm and just went back to the 22 in 40 because I was not giving up up as much as thought. My 1911 10mm has been shooting better for me at least. I am jonesing for Sig P220 in 10mm so one of these days.

Then your skill level handling real gun sucks! :ROFLMAO:
I prefer 1911's and P80 frames because they have the 1911 grip angle. Works better with my hands than the stock weird Glock angle. I do have a few Glocks, just not a fan of the grips.

I prefer not to get shot by my own gun, so I'll stick with my not-Sigs. 😂

Funny joke.
I'll bet dramatically more folks got shot by their own Glocks than ever had a problem with a Sig P320.
At the same time, I also don't trust striker fired pistols without a manual safety to be pointed at my wedding tackle all day...

But don't worry the Sig P220 Elite is a DA/SA hammer fired pistol that is very safe and is not going to just go off on you by accident.

I prefer 1911's and P80 frames because they have the 1911 grip angle. Works better with my hands than the stock weird Glock angle. I do have a few Glocks, just not a fan of the grips.
I'm actually just the opposite. I could solve this by just buying the M&P 4" 10MM but every handgun I've had that doesn't say Glock on it is now in someone else's safe. Glocks just point and shoot better for me.

Funny joke.
I'll bet dramatically more folks got shot by their own Glocks than ever had a problem with a Sig P320.
At the same time, I also don't trust striker fired pistols without a manual safety to be pointed at my wedding tackle all day...

But don't worry the Sig P220 Elite is a DA/SA hammer fired pistol that is very safe and is not going to just go off on you by accident.
Then at least buy a quality gun like an H&K... 😏

Then at least buy a quality gun like an H&K... 😏

I have a whole bunch of those...

But H&K triggers generally suck (except the VP9 and VP40)
Hence why I flirt with lovely CZ and SIG stuff...

Also H&K doesn't make a small carry pistol yet.
The P30SK and VP9SK are thick like a brick.

That being said if H&K came out with a P30 style manual safety DA/SA pistol in a thin single stack (or 1 1/2 stack like the Sig P365) I'd be all over getting a bunch of them.

Also H&K doesn't make any 10mm pistols
(Although you could just get the MK23 and shoot .45 Super through it and be happy).

I have a whole bunch of those...

But H&K triggers generally suck (except the VP9 and VP40)
Hence why I flirt with lovely CZ and SIG stuff...

Also H&K doesn't make a small carry pistol yet.
The P30SK and VP9SK are thick like a brick.

That being said if H&K came out with a P30 style manual safety DA/SA pistol in a thin single stack (or 1 1/2 stack like the Sig P365) I'd be all over getting a bunch of them.

(Although you could just get the MK23 and shoot .45 Super through it and be happy).
Sig P239/225 is what I go to.

Isn't it about time Glock released a 4" version in 10MM? The grip on the 29 is terrible for all but the smallest of hands and the 20 is not great for concealed carry. The Glock 19/23 size is among the most popular size for an all-purpose handgun and it seems like 10mm now has the traction to warrant more options. Would be nice when traveling to states that actually reciprocate for carry to just have one handgun.
Have you tried a "pinky ledge" magazine base plate on a G29 magazine? I tried a + base plate but didn't like it whereas the pinky ledge did the trick for me.

Bbl length is 3.78" for the G29 vs 4.02" for the G19, as I'm sure you know.

YMMV,
Keith

ETA: A threaded barrel would regain that .24" of length plus a bit more.

Have you tried a "pinky ledge" magazine base plate on a G29 magazine? I tried a + base plate but didn't like it whereas the pinky ledge did the trick for me.

Bbl length is 3.78" for the G29 vs 4.02" for the G19, as I'm sure you know.

YMMV,
Keith

ETA: A threaded barrel would regain that .24" of length plus a bit more.
Been there done that, just didn't feel right. Can't have a threaded barrel in NY, however I could get a KKM barrel at any length, which is what all my Glock 20 and 21's have.

I just feel like if they were bold enough to produce a subcompact in the 29, with the current popularity of the 10MM, it's time to release the 4" version.

Arguments about pistol manufacturers are gayer than an argument over pickup manufacturers. And that’s gayer than a laser disc copy of Brokeback Mountain covered in Aids.

Then your skill level handling real gun sucks! :ROFLMAO:
I didn't have an opinion one way or another on the 320 thing till a couple weeks ago. I watched a loaded gun table start, guy touched the gun and "pow!" He didn't pull the trigger, he hadn't even fully grabbed it to start picking it up. Not good.

He didn't pull the trigger, he hadn't even fully grabbed it to start picking it up. Not good.

Yeah, dollars to donuts, regardless of what he says or remembers, he grabbed the gun with his trigger finger in the trigger guard. The 320 is just an easy whipping boy for every booger-hook ND ever.

I know, I know, “but, PDs are abandoning the 320 because they’re DANGEROUS!” Well, fuck, the popo ain’t the best poster child for competent firearms handling.

I have a 320. I don’t love it. I don’t hate it. The trigger sucks. I don’t shoot it particularly well. I shoot pretty much every other pistol I own better than the 320. But, I do a lot of dry fire with it, and it gets handled every couple of days. Lots of un/holstering, and dryfire. It has NEVER, dropped the striker unless I pressed the trigger; either while in the safe or while being handled. And, it is in the pre-recall configuration.

That’s just one person’s observation and opinion. They’re worth what you paid for them.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
The SAS Sig P229C's (Compacts) are a full size 229 frame with P224 slide (3.5" barrel). Both in .357 sig & .40 cal barrels, drop-in conversion.
HK P2000SK (subcompact) in .357 Sig.
M&P 10 mm, 4.25"
Colt Delta Elite, commander size.
IMG_5834 copy.jpg
IMG_3582SMITH & WESSON M&P10 POLISH FIRING PIN BLOCK INSTALL LEUPOLD DELTA POINT PRO MODIFY SA...jpg
HKP7M13 Sig P226 Mk24-Mk25 Colt Delta Elite with Coffee Photos 2020IMG_7174 CROPPED copy 2.jpg

Reactions: GhostFace
The USP 45 will handle .45 Super also, FWIW. Maybe the HK45 also, but I have no experience with those.

I didn't have an opinion one way or another on the 320 thing till a couple weeks ago. I watched a loaded gun table start, guy touched the gun and "pow!" He didn't pull the trigger, he hadn't even fully grabbed it to start picking it up. Not good.
I dabbled in the 320 series and found it was just too easy to have an AD. Sent them down the road.

Carrying a large 10mm is the appropriate choice if you plan to carry one.
You would be better off acquiring a.40 S&W instead of a tiny 10mm pistol because they are ineffective and difficult to fire.

• Haha
Reactions: GhostFace
No 36 is a single stack .45

(shitty photo in the dark because I just happen to be near a 36)

View attachment 8310292
Yeah I thought about that as soon as I posted but had already said it. Guess the next thing would be the 30 cause it was single stack, the 30s was double but nothing were compact versions. I carried a 36 for 10 years and loved it