• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

4 hour body

rogue308

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2009
TX
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on this program. I started this about 2 months ago and have had some pretty good results. First off, I hate fad diets. I don't believe in them. I think that if you can eat sensibly and stick to a workout routine then you will eventually see the results you are after. The book is full of information but the diet has some pretty basic rules:

-Avoid “white” carbohydrates
-Eat the same few meals over and over again
-Don’t drink calories. No milk, soy milk, soft drinks, or fruit juice. Coffee & wine are OK.
-Don’t eat fruit. Tomatoes and avocados are OK.
-Take one day off per week. Eat whatever you want.
-Eat within 30 minutes of waking up.

In approximately 60 days I have gone down from 178 lbs to 153 lbs (5'6''). I am now going to lean bulk back up to 175ish. the results are not solely due to the diet. I have been doing atleast 40 minutes of cardio, (usually running 5 miles) 6 days a week followed my about an hour of lifting.

I've seen some pretty unhealthy diets out there but I think this is one to look at. The hardest part is getting enough calories. Beans, chicken and eggs are a great way to get what you need.

Has anyone else tried this, or a similar "slow carb diet" with good results?

Re: 4 hour body

First off....I cant help but laugh whenever I see someone use the term "lean bulk". For a number of reasons,that im not going to try to explain in this thread, it just tickles me, but thats neither here nor there. To each their own.

As for the diet.....its been around for a long time, nothing new or ground breaking. Many variations of it. Im not taking anything away from it, just saying its not new. The main thing is doing what works for you. Ive been doing something similar since April.

Lets chat about your "lean bulk"......Your currently at 153lbs and you plan to gain back to 175lbs? How much of this gain (%) do you expect to be actual lean muscle? And what time frame do you plan to do this in? (Most) people will tell you thats its near impossible to gain any significant amount of lean tissue without also gaining some body fat. As you know, body fat is body fat.....doesnt matter if you gained it from peanuts and brown rice or if it came from bacon cheeseburgers......its still fat, regardess.

I understand it is impossible to gain weight with 100% of it being lean mass. This is why there is a "bulking" and "cutting" cycle.

MY definition of lean bulking is to gain lean mass while continuing the cardio regimin, but shortened a bit. Instead of doing HIIT style workouts and lifting, I will be transitioning to heavier and longer lifting periods. I will bulk by continuing to eat healthy instead of the "eat everything in sight" mentality most get when trying to gain mass. Bottom line adding as much mass as I can but going about it with minimal body fat gain. I would be ecstatic if I could get up to 170 lbs with 10 lbs or so of that being lean mass. I think this is a very attainable goal in 60-90 days.

Not sure of your age or how long you have been eight training but if its more than 5-6 years then gaining 10 pound of pure muscle in a YEAR would be a major feat unless your diet and training have been way off , or you plan to "adjust" your hormones.

your body will reach a genetic limit after that point it takes ALOT to get significant gains.

As for the lean bulk , welllll.
It can be done and i do it every year that i have competed in body building , dropping very little body weight but a significant amount of body fat wich equals a significant gain in lean mass , this is done by eating more of the right food and adjusting the hormones.

As for the diet , for me it would suck , carbs like brown rice , oats and bean bloat my gut bad to the point it kills my appatite , yams arnt as bad
Lately ive been getting way more carbs per day than normal and 95% is from fruit.
each meal has a set macro (protein,carbs.fat)ratio and that is eaten for each meal , when i feel hungry I eat 60g protein , 40g carbs and 20g fat (or close to that) , im typicaly hungry every 2 hrs somtimes 3 if im busy or real hot and the day after a gruling workout it might be every 1.5 hrs. Im leaner and stronger at this body weight that i ahve ever been

so the ability to "lean bulk" is fully plausable

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First off....I cant help but laugh whenever I see someone use the term "lean bulk". For a number of reasons,that im not going to try to explain in this thread, it just tickles me, but thats neither here nor there. To each their own.

As for the diet.....its been around for a long time, nothing new or ground breaking. Many variations of it. Im not taking anything away from it, just saying its not new. The main thing is doing what works for you. Ive been doing something similar since April.

Lets chat about your "lean bulk"......Your currently at 153lbs and you plan to gain back to 175lbs? How much of this gain (%) do you expect to be actual lean muscle? And what time frame do you plan to do this in? (Most) people will tell you thats its near impossible to gain any significant amount of lean tissue without also gaining some body fat. As you know, body fat is body fat.....doesnt matter if you gained it from peanuts and brown rice or if it came from bacon cheeseburgers......its still fat, regardess.

</div></div>
i used to lean bulk all the time!!! but i was rocking 3-4grams of goodies a week, and 8-12iu of more goodies a day! lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure of your age or how long you have been eight training but if its more than 5-6 years then gaining 10 pound of pure muscle in a YEAR would be a major feat unless your diet and training have been way off , <span style="font-weight: bold">or you plan to "adjust" your hormones.</span>
your body will reach a genetic limit after that point it takes ALOT to get significant gains.

As for the lean bulk , welllll.
It can be done and i do it every year that i have competed in body building , dropping very little body weight but a significant amount of body fat wich equals a significant gain in lean mass , this is done by eating more of the right food and adjusting the hormones.

As for the diet , for me it would suck , carbs like brown rice , oats and bean bloat my gut bad to the point it kills my appatite , yams arnt as bad
Lately ive been getting way more carbs per day than normal and 95% is from fruit.
each meal has a set macro (protein,carbs.fat)ratio and that is eaten for each meal , when i feel hungry I eat 60g protein , 40g carbs and 20g fat (or close to that) , im typicaly hungry every 2 hrs somtimes 3 if im busy or real hot and the day after a gruling workout it might be every 1.5 hrs. Im leaner and stronger at this body weight that i ahve ever been

so the ability to "lean bulk" is fully plausable </div></div>
love the way you put that
grin.gif