• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

4 rifle aluminum travel cases

persistant7500

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2009
Buckeye AZ
I am in need of rifle cases that I can transport 4 rifles each, preferably held standing up as opposed to laying on side. These are for the air rifle team that I coach as we had a great deal of damage during our trip to camp perry for the Air Force nationals. I hope to be able to secure these in time for the inter service national championships at Anniston AL in march. If anyone has any ideas please pass them along ASAP Jeff

Re: 4 rifle aluminum travel cases

Try Americase, I know they make a three gun. I believe they will make custom cases also.

Keep in mind that the more rifles per case, the heavier the case becomes, and the more damage that gets done if it is dropped, AND the harder it is for a baggage handler or UPS carrier to lift it on and off of racks and airplanes, etc, so the more LIKELY it is to be dropped.

Four precision match rifles in a case has to be at least 50 lb PLUS the case, which means you are pushing, what, at least 60 to 70 pounds, withOUT any other accessories stored in the case.

To me, this sounds liek a prescription for damage.

Jim G

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EWOAF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why aluminum? Pelican cases are as durable as cases come, plus warraaty. </div></div>

Pelicans are also HEAVY!

Jim G

Fwiw, there are those 'rocket launcher' cases to which some have converted them over to multiple rifle carriers.

A Pelican case is going to offer better protection. I personally use Storm cases. They have never failed me AND have taken some serious abuse.

also just something to keep in mind every time you fly somewhere with this you will get a hell of a charge for luggage. Anything over 50lbs and they start asking for your first born. any case that will fit 4 rifles of this magnitude is going to be 30+ pounds on its own

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: persistant7500</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am in need of rifle cases that I can transport 4 rifles each, preferably held standing up as opposed to laying on side. These are for the air rifle team that I coach as we had a great deal of damage during our trip to camp perry for the Air Force nationals. I hope to be able to secure these in time for the inter service national championships at Anniston AL in march. If anyone has any ideas please pass them along ASAP Jeff </div></div>

I know it's not what you are specifically requesting, but a Pelican 1750 is what I have used for a long time. First issued to me, now my own property. I have seen them beaten to hell and still keep the contents safe. Packing one rifle per case limits the possibility for damage and maximizes the protection.

I don't know what your air rifles weigh, but I would not pack four of my rifles in the same case. Even with wheels, that may get heavy quick.