• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

40 degree shoulders to much for CDI detachable mag

pyplynr

Minuteman
Apr 4, 2010
Oklahoma
I'm in the process of building a Savage model 10 in 22-250Ackley Improved. I was wondering how well it would feed with the 40 degree shoulders if I were to put a CDI detachable box magazine in it? Anyone have a DBM on a Ackley cartridge?

Re: 40 degree shoulders to much for CDI detachable mag

no one have a Ackley cartridge with detachable mags?

I recently had a .260AI built with AI mags. To smooth out feeding I just opened up the front of the feed lips so that the cartridge is peeling off pointing more uphill towards the chamber.I also got rid of the bump on the follower so the last round feeds smoothly.

I know that JCH and Donovan where running their 243AI's through dbm's.

But i dont know what make.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no one have a Ackley cartridge with detachable mags?</div></div>

Give us some time to get on the computer!!!

Yes my 243AI fed fine with CDI bottom metal and AICS mags.

Thank you to everyone. sorry for the hurrying everyone. I'm buying 2 B&C stocks within the next couple days and having one sent to CDI so he can inlet and fit the one for my rem 700. And I was thinking of getting another one for this rifle and just send both of them to him but didn't want to spend the $$$ if it wouldn't feed well.