• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

40 SW primer Ideas?

Wolf22

Minuteman
Oct 13, 2006
Midwestern USA
Been trying to find a topic on 40sw primers -

Anyone running a specific brand/# that they have great success with or would strongly rec.?

4 inch compact is the user, and would like to mimic the Speer GDHP 165gr perf. If that helps.

Re: 40 SW primers

You probably need to stick with small pistol primers because of the stricker type action. If it was a 1911 style action or one that has a heavy main spring yhou could use small rifle primers or small mag pistol primers.
I've use djust about every kind of primer tha is on the marker and I really don't have a preference. CCi and Winchester are what is usually available in my area.
larryj

Re: 40 SW primer Ideas?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolf22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been trying to find a topic on 40sw primers -

Anyone running a specific brand/# that they have great success with or would strongly rec.?

4 inch compact is the user, and would like to mimic the Speer GDHP 165gr perf. If that helps. </div></div>

Like Larry says, they'll all work.

This being said, if you want to duplicate the Speer GDHP factory round, you'll probably want to use CCI SPP. Speer, CCI, RCBS are under the same corporate umbrella, so I'd be willing to bet that Speer is just copping some CCI primers for their factory ammo.

Chris