• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 40 vs 20 vs 0

Chris1972

Private
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2013
Pretty simple question but would you use 40 moa of cant if you know the most you’ll ever dial is 15 mil. I’ll just be 3 mil above center at 40 at 15 mil dialed elevation. (In theory)

This is on a ZCO so it has plenty of elevation available. The question is am i unnecessarily losing optical clarity when I don’t need to. Per the manufacturer this is nothing to worry about.

20 moa rail existing and a 20 moa ZCO mount in the way.

I can ditch the rail and get a 0 moa from Zermatt if needed.

I have the same question as I have the GenIII Vortex to mount on a 20 MOA rail and all I have laying around is an Audere 20 MOA one piece mount.
wondering if I should get another mount or just run it.
Putting it on a PRS type rig

Depends on you and the scope used honestly...

Some scopes image quality is noticably worse at the extremes some scopes you don't see it.

Depends on the rifle and the use.

I use a ZCO 5-27 and have a 30 MOA rail on my AXMC and 0 MOA in the mount...pretty sufficient for my needs.

On my Anschutz 22, I use an S&B PMII 5-25 and have a 25 MOA rail and 20 MOA mount since I need all of the elevation I can get. I can reach 400 yards and the reticle gets me to 500.