• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

4000 MR and .30-06

GhostFace

Verified Asshole
Minuteman
  • Apr 1, 2003
    Indiana
    I only seen one guy use this combo in the posted thread in the other loading section. I'm thinking of switching to it simply because it's a ball powder and I could use my 550 as a progressive and instead of a turret press like I am now because of 4350. I know guys that use the 2000 MR in .308s get insane velocity so I am hoping to approach the speed of RL22. Has anyone used this powder?

I have tried it in the 300wm, 22-250, 243, and 6.5 Creedmore, but not the 30-06. I like 4831SC better, but your Dillon wont. I never had any trouble getting velocity out of it, except with the 300wm and 220 Noslerr CCs. With 208 a max and 210 VLD it did fine.

I am sure you can find something acceptable. It fouls really bad, is pretty temp sensitive, and seems to make a carbon ring really fast. It is almost like and extruded ball powder. It might not meter as well as you are thinking. Does crunching powder in the meter affect the function of your dillon? Or are looking for something that meters more accurately?

I chose the high node with 4000MR, and got pressure signs as the gun heated up. It kept pretty low SD if I let the gun cool between shots.

Last edited:
    I actually have a Redding BR3 on my 550 but I'm currently using 4350 and it throws it pretty well but I still have to weigh every thrown charge. I was looking for a ball powder that gives the velocity of 4350 or better and meters well.

Last edited:
    I would think if you are shooting 180g plus projectiles, you will be able to get more velocity with 4000mr than 4350. It seems like most of the info I found when I started with 4000mr was for 30-06.

I picked up some W760 since it is a ball powder, I may not get high velocities out of it but I can't shoot past 1000 yards right now anyway. I should be able to keep the 208s moving along fast enough to do well at 1000 yards.