• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

408 CHEY TAC DIES

Re: 408 CHEY TAC DIES

In the process of developing my .408 loading setup, I settled on two important dies (along with the standard FL sizer): CH4D's Large Bushing Neck Sizer and Straight Line Seater. The Neck Sizer will give you consistent neck tension without working the brass too much (usually good for 2-3 neck sizings before one full length size to reset). The Straight Line Seater Die pretty much solved my runout issues.

Lawton dies are also highly recommended.

Yup, I use an Ammomaster 2 with the bushing removed. From there I have different sized bushings for different .408 dies. My neck sizer happens to be 1" but the other dies are 1.25" - it depends on what their machinery is set to when they're making a run
wink.gif

CH4d has adapters for one inch, inch 1/4 and 50 bmg size so you can use anyones dies.

2 weeks? seriously? That sounds REALLY fast! Don't know how they could do them that fast. If they can good on them
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just sent two once fired brass to Lawton, ETA for a set was 2 weeks. </div></div>

I received a phone message this PM requesting info on shipping & payment so 3 weeks from receipt of brass. Call indicated they were ready to ship so 4 weeks if they do ship in next few days, still fast. I have no doubt in respect to quality from Lawton.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I received a phone message this PM requesting info on shipping & payment so 3 weeks from receipt of brass. Call indicated they were ready to ship so 4 weeks if they do ship in next few days, still fast. I have no doubt in respect to quality from Lawton. </div></div>

Received my dies this PM. Gonna fire up the press tomorrow.