• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.408 CT Ammo Box

rec365

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2009
Birmingham, AL
After looking everywhere for something to carry .408s in, dropped one nose down in a MTM H-50-XL I purchased for .338 LM. SOB fits perfect! Hope this helps someone.
Ed

Re: .408 CT Ammo Box

Thanks man.....I wish MTM knew this ..They sold me a 20 gage shell holder not what i want.....

I have been using these that have been modified by GEO.AZ from biggerhammer. They support very well and keep rattles down including if they drop on the top
Picture.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Like em nose up myself! Still better than paper box. The mtm has plastic fingers in bottom that seems to support them pretty good. After all the effort I put in reloading my ammo I handle it pretty carefully.
Ed

Tried the 12 ga shotshell boxes for .50 cal, too big and holes vary in size. Think you will like the H-50-XL. More compact, nice for 12 bucks. BUT WAIT! They also come in green or clear blue.
Ed

The ones I use are 50 shell 10 gauge and the second layer plate just has holes drilled in them that fit right over the top to hold them nicely in place George sells em' for just 3 or 4 bucks over what you can get them for online except for the fact that they are hard to find in the 10 gauge from what I have heard. He is a good guy so I support the gun community. Mine are camo SF-50-10

FWIW, I was worried about the MTM nose down stuff and having loads with varying degrees of neck tension. When you fill the box 100% it tends to press the .408 cases down a bit more than I was comfortable, so I resorted to just avoiding the slots at the front and back. But then I did some runout tests and there weren't any problems. Of course, this all depends on your COAL too.