• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 40moa mount and Atacr zero?

FUNCTIONAL

Dirty Civilian
Minuteman
  • Feb 19, 2012
    Eastern, NC
    Help me out here fellas ive never had to consider 40moa offset.

Scope rail 20moa (not changeable)
    Scope mount 20moa (pretty rigid on this also)

Atacr 5-25 mil.

After bringing the center back up to level from the combined 40moa im looking at about 5.5 mils of travel left and more than ill ever need for drop.

What kind of negatives am i looking at going this route? Idk if its folk lore but I recall reading a few years back the farther you are to the travel limits these clarity can sometimes suffer. If that's true is that something id be expecting here? What else?

IMO, you just don’t want to be right near the limit. 5 mils away is plenty of room that you won’t notice any issues. I’d run it. If you just started from center and added back the 40 MOA you’ll get another 1-1.5 mils in your cushion from zeroing.

I run a 45 moa with my Cronus and it has 32 mils total and 25 remaining after zero.
    It’s nice to be able to dial to my 2020 steel instead of holding like I was before.

Excellent. Ill be able to send my 223 to a mile now 🤣.

Honestly it's just the damn style....cloning and parts availability is a bitch sometimes. Glad to hear ill have no problem though.