• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

40X 22rf Conversion

ratton

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2009
Nevada
I would like to know if anyone has clip slotted a 40X 22RF action. I wish to install the Badger Ordinance(Remington Short Action Scope Rail/USMC M40A3/A5. I'm not sure it will work because of the mid-mounted bolt lugs. When the bolt is closed, the left side bolt lug cams upward in a horizontal 360 degree position. The bolt lug actually cams on a recess on the top rear area of the ejection port. Don't know it the standard clip slotting cut will work and/or the rear lug on the scope base and/or receiver are need to be modified in a specific way? Help...

Reactions: deltawiskey
As you noted you cant take the material out of the action where the lugs lock in. You will weaken that area and accuracy will suffer. Not worth it.

There was one and only one attempt I remember in the last 10+ years at this. The guy just scalloped some meat out where the slot would be to make it appear as it was clip slotted. Looked pretty cool. There are some pics floating around I just cant find em. Look in the M40A1 thread it is in there for sure. Beautiful rifle has a Unertl on it as well.

what you can do it just get a plain jane BO rail without the logs built in. Or if doing a A1 get a redfield rail and some bottom screw rings. Looks amazing.

USMC return trainer.JPG

GL
DT

• Love
Reactions: deltawiskey
I had Bill Corley clip / lug slot a 40x rimfire for my M40A1 clone build... I have experienced no ill effects.

I also have a spec-built M40 / 40x . 22lr clone he did the machining on for me that shoots lights out.
I can post some pictures later when I'm at my computer if you would like.
DW

Reactions: D_TROS