• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

40x build

81STFACP

DRB 1234, P100, HM - XC, LR
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2006
Austin, TX
Who would you consider the 40x guru as far as re-barreling, and truing the action. I have an old 40X maybe a 721 with a worn out barrel that I would like to set up for Silhouette. I have a stock for it and I can find someone to do the bedding or I will do it myself. I need a recommendation on who can do the metal work.

Thank you in advance.

Re: 40x build

He is building one for me already with his stock. I thought I will have someone else build the second one.

Gene Davis biulds one of the best 40X rifles out there. He's more than fair on his prices to. I've shot several of his rifles and they are great. Check over on Bench Rest Central under the small bore forums. Those guys will know whats working best these days. Donald

what about Evelio McDonald, he's in Houston and a pretty good 'smith.

His specialty is also in silhouette.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 81STFACP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He is building one for me already with his stock. I thought I will have someone else build the second one.

</div></div>

I thought he was... BTW... I'll have some new for you after SHOT regarding our friend....<grin>

Nez;
What kind of barel is Mark putting on for you?
His stocks sure look pretty tho.
Borg