• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

40X peep sights

Sonic Crack

Desert Tech Solutions
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2011
Wellington, Ohio
m.facebook.com
Looking to get a peep sight and globe front sight for my 40X rim fire. Im not looking for original equipment unless they preform as good or better than something new from say Lyman. Ive got the front sight dovetail to clamp on the front sight and the two screw rear mount on the side of the receiver. Looking for elevation and windage adjustment rear. Whats everybody running? Anything to stay away from? Thanks in advance for your suggestions, opinions and links to other threads discussing this

Here is a pic of almost all the Redfield sights. Only missing the 1/8" click and the 1/10" click International sight

Attachments

• P6020040.jpg
    P6020040.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 21
Sonic,
The Redfield sights I have are the Palma rear and Big Bore front vs. what I told you earlier. The rear has the adjustable gib and the adjustable iris....instructions say it is 1/4 minute adjustments Part no.s on the boxes are 712601 and 718006 The rear sight fits almost any of the side mount target style bases...my Redfield base is marked 40X. The front sight fits any base of Unertl dimension. I have all the inserts from the original 12 but for 1. Extremely nice set of sights...much better than anything made today except for Anchutz, Gehmann, Centra, etc. Although my 40X dates to the early 60's the instruction sheet with the rear sight says it is the 1987 revision. The rifle came from the CMP years ago so who knows when the sights and rifle were mated up.