• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

40x Photo's Only

Marksman

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2008
Michigan
How about a 40x rimfire pics only thread? Maybe even turn it into a sticky? I'll start with my collection.

40xs.jpg

100_0533.jpg

Re: 40x Photo's Only

No. Absolutely not. You will not post any more pictures of these things on any website. As you can tell, there have been 286 hits on this topic in just a few days, so it is plain to see no one wants to look at them, much less have one.

Damn, I want one so bad. I always take a look at "Don in South Carolina"'s posts just to see his 40X toys.

Don, I had to spell out South Carolina just in case the great unwashed did not know what it stands for!
wink.gif

DHD don't give up you may well have a chance real soon to buy a standard barrel 40x that shoots tiny groups at 50 yards with Iron sights. Would pictures of the target be OK? Donald

I eyeballed that 40X you had for sale a short while back. Want it. Need it. Wife don't want me sellin' my vacation back to get it. What's to be done?

Hell, I have a Savage/Anschutz 64 Match I ain't even shot, but I NEED a 40X whether I shoot it or not. I find that nice wood stocked rifles with proper blued steel just like you to sit and talk with them.

I live about 2/3rds the way down the state, if we could work out a deal somehow, I can drive up when the wife's lookin' the other way. Keep in mind I'm gun poor.

No don't post pics as I'm havin' enough trouble now! Shoot me a PM if you would be so kind.

DSC00410.jpg

Trying hard to keep this from going on the chopping block. CMP 40X, barrel cut back to 20in with a recessed crown. All work done by Mark Pharr of Tumbleweeds Custom Rifles.

Scarruth-VERY NICE! Mr Pharr (while not known so well outside the sillywet community) is a damned good 'smith (and he designed a great sillhouette stock!).

If I remember, I'll try to get some pics of the 40X's that my upstanding (pun intended) friends have on the line next SB Silhouette match.

CMP 40X STD BRL with Remington SPS-Tactical stock and Leupold 8.5-25X40

Great kid picture Patton63! Get them started early.

Here is my 40x SS 22LR in a McMillan prone stock.

20qkp2.jpg

2di3b6w.jpg

I am still kicking my own ass for not picking one of these up a few years back for $300 when a buddy had 10 of em to unload.... Shit on me... These rifle look great guys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scarruth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC00410.jpg

Trying hard to keep this from going on the chopping block. CMP 40X, barrel cut back to 20in with a recessed crown. All work done by Mark Pharr of Tumbleweeds Custom Rifles. </div></div>

Mark builds one hell of a rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scarruth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC00410.jpg

Trying hard to keep this from going on the chopping block. CMP 40X, barrel cut back to 20in with a recessed crown. All work done by Mark Pharr of Tumbleweeds Custom Rifles. </div></div>

Mark builds one hell of a rifle. </div></div>

eh.. I reckon he does OK...lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brians708</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am still kicking my own ass for not picking one of these up a few years back for $300 when a buddy had 10 of em to unload.... Shit on me... These rifle look great guys! </div></div>
You turned down a 40x for $300? You should be kicking yourself. What the hell were you thinking man?! :)

Here's one I got from Don in SC a few years ago. Cleaned & refinished the stock. I had a bloop tube w/irons but can't lift the extra long (heavy) case that fits the rifle with the bloop tube on it. Took the bloop tube off & it shoots just fine. I'm going to leave the Centra irons on it. The rear sight is jacked up as I was going to try for the 400 yd. target.
Semper Fi
Jimscamera472.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Don in SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's one I picked up Tuesday. It's one of the first 40x's I ever owned and I bought it back from a friend that's buying a house.

DSC03725.jpg

DSC03720.jpg

</div></div>

I sure wish I could find my dang camera. This about what my rifle looks like, though mine is in much rougher condition. Serial # is within 150 of this one also. My trigger is different, having a much sharper curvature to it. Maybe an aftermarket?

I bought it with the intention of scoping it and using it as a practice rifle. Made the mistake of shooting it with the irons - it still doesn't wear a scope.....

Kaiser Norton

Damn nice rifles fellas! They must be pretty rare, I don't see any 40X rimfires on gunbroker. Are they mag fed or load them one at a time? I definitly like a full sized 22, what do these sell for?

All the CMP's are single shot. I paid $675+tax= $740 for mine. Ran down a set of sight inserts for $20. Could I have bought an annie? sure. Just about anytime. I've just always wanted a 40X...

28ji9fm.jpg

5 shot groups at 50 yards on 4" targets using iron sites.

mrcocg.jpg

I mounted an S&B 5-25 and will be testing 200 and 300 yards this week...

Here's my build:
CMP 40X action
McMillan A5 stock
Eagle stock pack
Badger bolt knob
EGW rings and base
Nightforce scope

2nc4ga1.jpg