• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

40X Rocks!

KAZ

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2004
BROWNWOOD, TX
In the last few months I became interested in 22LR 50 yard Bench Rest shooting on USBR targets. Many of the unlimited class rifles are built on the excellent 40X action. So the only thing left that is 40X is the action. Barrels are Shilen Broughton, etc, and stocks are McMillan.Kelby and others. I'm lucky enough to have some of those unlimited class rifles, but I wanted one close to stock and I found this Commercial action original barrel. Problem was someone had put it in a Schnabel fore end Sporter stock. So, with Dons guidance I started looking for a stock for it, and found this Tiger Stripe Maple that Tuck on RFC had copied from an original. It has been pillar bedded by one of the bests smiths in the country and is a shooter. Hope you like it!
CIMG1188.jpg

Re: 40X Rocks!

Thanks all, like most things I discovered the 40X late. I now understand what many of you were saying. I've now fired bricks of Eley,SK,RWS including all levels of those brands, and not one FTF or failure to extract or eject no matter how slowly I work the bolt. I don't even think about it anymore. What a great old action! Regards

I really like the look of the stock.

How does your 40x compare to the Anschutz 64 MPR you just sold.

I'm using the 40X for 50 yd Benchrest comps and there are at least seven different dedicated Bench Rest stocks available, and many Smiths to index barrels. I see in the matches here 40X, Hall, and Turbo actions being used, no Annies. I had to sell the 64 to finance the 40X. I really liked the MPR 64 and it was very accurate, and of course is a repeater, the stock trigger was almost as good as my 40X Jewel. If, I worked the bolt smartly as Anschutz recommends ejection was satisfactory. So, my interests changed, and I wish that I could have afforded both. Regards