• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

40X Short Stock

KAZ

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2004
BROWNWOOD, TX
Some of the recent 40X from CMP came from youth programs with the stocks shortened to accommodate younger shooters. This stock was perfect with that exception. Turns out the adjustable butt plate from the 540X is a great solution. These can be had on GB for sub $50 and are complete, new in package easy to install. This is now one of my favorite 40X stocks. Regards
CIMG1237.jpg

Re: 40X Short Stock

nice modification, looks great, and is a great point to bring up for other manufacturer's stocks.

there are a bunch of manufacturer's that produce similar adjustable butt plates for target rifles that can be easily applied to regular run of the mill stocks, and makes for a great modification for custom fit or youth applications. even adjustable shotgun butt plates can be adapted to a regular stock.

i wanted to do something like that for my low budget .22 trainer thread project, but it would disqualify me from using it in the hunter class for silhouette.

once again, nice job!

Re: 40X Short Stock

A bunch of the 40X rifles from CMP had the shortened/modified stocks with various aluminum butts on them already. They were being sold for less money than the full stock versions. My advice would be to check gunbroker or evil ebay for these stocks as many of them were removed from tactical trainer builds and should go relatively cheap on the auctions.
Semper Fi