• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 40x Trigger ??

Brandon972

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2009
DFW, Texas
A friend of mine is looking into getting a 40x trigger. Can someone please give me the pros and cons ??

Thanks for your help !!

Re: 40x Trigger ??

My XCR LR Tactical came with one on it, adjusted very nice from the factory. Its a big step over the stock Rem trigger, but no Jewell

pro

Available from remmy. @ suggested retail $80 for the down to 2lb version.
Easy to adjust
Two types one goes to 2lbs. the other goes to a couple ounces (if I remember correctly)

cons

Only available thru an FFL (remmy doesn't sell them to to general public)
pull weight will change when it gets dirty , (just carry a bottle of lighter fluid).

I haven't found any other cons and like mine, it is way better than X-mark

I bought one from GAP last year when they did my .243 build. George had bought all that Rem had left and there wern't supposed to be any more from the factory. $165 then. FWIW

I'd go with the Jewell trigger, thats what I put in my 40X when I had it rebarreled. I myself have never used a Remington trigger that even comes close to a Jewell. This was about my 6th Jewell, the only rifle of mine that doesn't have a Jewell is my AR-10 and that has a JP. Either that or they don't make one for it.