• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 40X Triggers how to adjust

dar1246

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2008
Nebraska
www.youtube.com
I pick up a 308 today with a 40x trigger. Can someone post how to adjust the trigger? I have adjusted the standard remmy triggers and the x pro triggers. I have never mess with these. Thanks

Re: 40X Triggers how to adjust

You should pop it out immediately and sell it to me. I call 1st dibbs if you wanna sell it. The weight of pull screw is in front of the bolt release,just unscrew it to where you like it. When it stops turning don't force it or a ball and spring are gonna come out.That should be the only screw you have to touch.
Guns982.jpg

On that note do some of the 40x triggers instead of having the forward mounted standard screw adjustment as the above image shows, have a smaller hex key adjustment in the trigger shoe itself? Seems to me I've seen Rem triggers with that adjustment as well.

thanks that work great. That is the easiest trigger I have mess with. It isnt to bad of a trigger. Mine looks just like the one in the photo. One screw and you are there. Thanks Scottx88