• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 40xb 308 @ 700meters(update with fox kills)

hiddenmongoose

crazysection
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2009
Ireland
shot some steel today at 500 meters, decided to fire my last 4 rounds at 700 meters at a plastic target i have also.(target was mesured with a leica 1200)I was using 167 grain scenar lapua ammo. The wind was from 2 to 3 o clock and varying fom 6 to 10 mph, i was at a density altitude of 200ft.I dialed up 7.4 mils and held 1.4 mils right for wind.I would have been better with about 7.2mils for elevation. my group measured 11 and a quarter inches so about 1.5 moa, nothing spectacular and the rifle is well capable of better but i was pleased enough from firing off uneven ground in switchy wind . anyway heres the pic of me and the target
1hf5uv.jpg

and heres a pic from the firing spot(this pic was taken a different day)
kcjdar.jpg
the 700meter target would be hung just to the right of the pond in the middle ground.
rifle specs are, remy 40xb tactical 308 win, in AICs stock with s&b pm11 5-25 on top.
(update )
I was out again today when these two little guys popped out at a little over 250meters. the place is crawling in them and as this area is mainly all sheep farming the farmers who give me permission to shoot here want them shot on sight.i watched them for a while eating snails and slugs then when they were close together i took my chance and fired two quick shots. i had 1.1mils of elevation.
3585qo8.jpg
b8tohh.jpg
2mxew0h.jpg

Re: 40xb 308 @ 700meters

Good shooting! What a nice place you have there!

Re: 40xb 308 @ 700meters

cheers, its only a 10 minute walk from my house and i have permission to leave steel hung out as far as 1000meters, cant shoot the 1000m steel for another couple weeks til the meadow is cut. its crawling in foxes too and i often get a shot at them while out target shooting