• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

416 Stroker/Snipetac

Bradb_33541

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2020
USA
For a while now I have been trying to find out information that can lead to me making a rifle system that can push the envelope out to 2 miles so I can compete later on. I originally was looking into an ultra fast .338 like the snipetac or 33xc however as some of you have pointed out they have horrible barrel life and minimal splash on target compared to the other cartridges used commonly at ranges of one to two miles. To allow for an extended barrel life and a larger splash on target, I am now considering a 416. There have been multiple extended variations of lengthen cheytac cases that have came out recently, however there are some brass concerns with those cases with some companies going out of business. Due to this and few other reasons I would like to stick the the ole reliable cheytac as a parent case. In the past this has been made before in two similar cases: the 416 snipetac and the 416 stroker. both are, to my knowledge, an improved 375 cheytac necked up to 416. The snipetac has 35 degree shoulders and I am unsure of the stroker. My main question is to contrast these two previous cases because I am unsure of the differences between the cases and the projected velocities of each. I have seen that the 416 stroker has done well in competition before the competitors changed over the the hellfire case and others of the sort. I would like to ask to see some the load data for the 416-375 cheytac improved cases in order to see how fast I can push a 500gr A-Tip and some of the cutting edge bullets that are commonly used in cases similar to these

Where could I contact him at? I sent a message over Facebook earlier this week. No reply yet though, probably just busy.

For a while now I have been trying to find out information that can lead to me making a rifle system that can push the envelope out to 2 miles so I can compete later on. I originally was looking into an ultra fast .338 like the snipetac or 33xc however as some of you have pointed out they have horrible barrel life and minimal splash on target compared to the other cartridges used commonly at ranges of one to two miles. To allow for an extended barrel life and a larger splash on target, I am now considering a 416. There have been multiple extended variations of lengthen cheytac cases that have came out recently, however there are some brass concerns with those cases with some companies going out of business. Due to this and few other reasons I would like to stick the the ole reliable cheytac as a parent case. In the past this has been made before in two similar cases: the 416 snipetac and the 416 stroker. both are, to my knowledge, an improved 375 cheytac necked up to 416. The snipetac has 35 degree shoulders and I am unsure of the stroker. My main question is to contrast these two previous cases because I am unsure of the differences between the cases and the projected velocities of each. I have seen that the 416 stroker has done well in competition before the competitors changed over the the hellfire case and others of the sort. I would like to ask to see some the load data for the 416-375 cheytac improved cases in order to see how fast I can push a 500gr A-Tip and some of the cutting edge bullets that are commonly used in cases similar to these
Haven't been on here for a while so just taking a peek at anything new. I have a 416/408 Chey Tac I built last year, it's just a 408 case necked up to 416, not improved, I'm getting 2740fps (mild but accurate) with Hornady 500g A-tips and .47" groups so far. I use a BAT-L action and a 34" Lilja 1-11" twist barrel. It's a hoot to shoot. I use it for "varmint" hunting in the summer to "stay in practice" nailed a rock chuck this past summer at 1173 yards, gonna try to see if I can find one out past 1500 this year. Good luck on your build.
PS:If I do this again I will be banned.

Last edited:
Where could I contact him at? I sent a message over Facebook earlier this week. No reply yet though, probably just busy.
He is defiantly a busy guy. Also, he has been sick for a few days.

Have you all seen his FB page? his kids were in a serious auto accident. A friend has set up a go fund me page.
I don't know him personally nor am I lucky enough to own one of his builds, as his build times are extended due to his popularity.
He did however, spend a considerable amount of time answering my questions and offering advice. That went a long way with me.

Have you all seen his FB page? his kids were in a serious auto accident. A friend has set up a go fund me page.
I don't know him personally nor am I lucky enough to own one of his builds, as his build times are extended due to his popularity.
He did however, spend a considerable amount of time answering my questions and offering advice. That went a long way with me.
I think it was actually his brother

Reactions: btuse and Geno C.
Hear he is one of the great ones. Don't know or have had him build anything.but i wish him and his family well thru their difficult time.

Last edited: