• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

419 Zero Press and 375 Cheytac advices.

ChuckSwagger

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2017
Does have anyone running the 375 CT on a Zero Press?

If Yes, I need some help here:
Wich Dies Brands are you using?
The Warner dies are too wide for it, right?
Do you need to scoop the bullet inside the Bullet Seating die or do have any bullet length incompatibility?

Cheers!
Bruno.

Does have anyone running the 375 CT on a Zero Press?

If Yes, I need some help here:
Wich Dies Brands are you using?
The Warner dies are too wide for it, right?
Do you need to scoop the bullet inside the Bullet Seating die or do have any bullet length incompatibility?

Cheers!
Bruno.
did you ever find answers to this? i've been hunting the internet for the same answers and haven't found them... thanks

You guys are not going to be able to use zero press for 375 Cheytac.

Cheytac, case size dies are typically going to be one and a quarter or one and a half inch dies. As the poster above said, step up to a larger press. (It is a great excuse for buying a Prazipress.) indeed, I’m not sure I have ever seen is 7/8 inch 375 cheytac die. From the area 419 website:

• The turret head allows the press to work with multiple die-attachments (7/8 thread currently, 1-1/4 thread, and future unreleased stuff) without goofy thread-stacking adapters

7FA61FCE-7FDC-4155-B32C-7A637F6ECBD8.jpeg

Not a lot of material to spare looking at a 7/8” 338 die, to accommodate reaming for the 375CT case

Reactions: spife7980
I see you are correct and they do make 1-1/4" turrets now!

Forgot to mention, the AB dies size the neck down on my Peterson brass a little more than I'd like. I run my brass with .373 inner neck tension, and I want to say it sized them to like .358-.360. Between firing, sizing, and running them through the mandrel, I'm working the case mouth more than I like. So you might need to have a shop open them up. I need to have mine done just havent had time.

I need to have WTC make me a set of busing dies for my 375 so I can control the next tension but I need to get my latest barrel spun up with my new reamer first. Given how fast these 375 barrels are burning up, it would be foolish to have a custom die made unless you had a reamer of your own to assure subsequent t barrels had same chamber dimensions for your dies

Options for 375 CT dies are limited. I have Viersco from 10 years ago, no longer made. I had a Whidden that I thought was junk and I sent it back (damn thing came with razor sharp edges, finish work was complete shit or nonexistent - cut my finger screwing it in twice and said f$&k this). The AB are the only other dies I hear about regularly. Anybody know of any other good 375CT dies?

I bought the Shoot Long 375CT die set and the thread size is too small for the RCBS Ammo Master.
Has anyone ran into this issue and found a solution?
Thanks for consideration.

Reactions: secondofangle2
All you gotta do is get the proper insert for the press, and the dye will fit. There are three sizes, 7/8, one –1/4, 1.5.

All you gotta do is get the proper insert for the press, and the dye will fit. There are three sizes, 7/8, one –1/4, 1.5.
Thank you. Evidently, RCBS does not offer one, and shoot long recommend the Lee bushing.
OAN, I'm looking at some precision expanding mandrels. This is my first leap into over bore(30 cal prior). Is this a thing with these larger cases? I would think so. I haven't started reloading them yet, but the new Peterson is coming in at .370". that is more interference than I normally am accustomed to(.0015-.002). I super appreciate any input.

I have never yet fallen into the mandrel expansion crowd.

I have loaded thousands of 375 Cheyenne tactical rounds over the last 11 years and done fine with just oversizing the neck and pulling through an expander ball in my Dave Veers dies. When we had inferior brass, especially Jamison, the next would split a lot if you didn’t kneel after every firing but now that we have Peterson, you’re not going to have to worry about that.

I would just roll with it, and maybe lube the projectiles at the junction of the boat tail, and the bearing surface with some lanolin wax

I have some warner tool company, custom bushing dies sized to my fired brass on the way (it’s been almost 6 months wait). Just because, why not, what’s $2000 lol? but it is completely unnecessary. My guess is neck tension matters a lot less when you’re burning 135 grains of powder.

YMMV

I have never yet fallen into the mandrel expansion crowd.

I have loaded thousands of 375 Cheyenne tactical rounds over the last 11 years and done fine with just oversizing the neck and pulling through an expander ball in my Dave Veers dies. When we had inferior brass, especially Jamison, the next would split a lot if you didn’t kneel after every firing but now that we have Peterson, you’re not going to have to worry about that.

I would just roll with it, and maybe lube the projectiles at the junction of the boat tail, and the bearing surface with some lanolin wax

I have some warner tool company, custom bushing dies sized to my fired brass on the way (it’s been almost 6 months wait). Just because, why not, what’s $2000 lol? but it is completely unnecessary. My guess is neck tension matters a lot less when you’re burning 135 grains of powder.

YMMV
Thank you for this. I will wait and see how the sizing and seating goes with the shoot long die set.