• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

42" Armageddon Gear SASS or Carbine Case Fit

aard3

Private
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2011
    Louisiana
    I'm interested in getting a light weight, no frills, but Made in USA case for an AR10 based rifle, with magnified optic.

Rifle measures 41.5" in length.

I like the Armageddon Gear Perfect Carbine case, because it looks like solid quality with no-frills... but I"m concerned this rifle is going to be a tad bit long.Does anyone have the 42" Armageddon Gear Perfect Carbine Case or the SASS Precision Rifle Case? Will a 41.5" rifle fit in both cases without having to "cram" it in?

I'm interested in getting a light weight, no frills, but Made in USA case for an AR10 based rifle, with magnified optic.

Rifle measures 41.5" in length.

I like the Armageddon Gear Perfect Carbine case, because it looks like solid quality with no-frills... but I"m concerned this rifle is going to be a tad bit long.Does anyone have the 42" Armageddon Gear Perfect Carbine Case or the SASS Precision Rifle Case? Will a 41.5" rifle fit in both cases without having to "cram" it in?

I've got the SASS case and the Perfect Carbine case 35", The SASS case measures 40.5" internally. The two cases are quite different, the SASS case has a lot more internal volume so you need to secure the rifle to the case if you don't want it to move around and while I love Armageddon gear and own a bunch of there stuff the attachment "system" for the SASS case is disappointing, its just two velcro straps that fit into loops on the case (the straps aren't even attached). The result is the rifle moves around inside the case a lot. The Perfect Carbine case relies on a tight fit to secure the rifle in the case and works well but it lacks the padding along the zippered edges that the SASS case has.

The internal measurement for the 35" Perfect Carbine Case is 34.5".

I've got the SASS case and the Perfect Carbine case 35", The SASS case measures 40.5" internally. The two cases are quite different, the SASS case has a lot more internal volume so you need to secure the rifle to the case if you don't want it to move around and while I love Armageddon gear and own a bunch of there stuff the attachment "system" for the SASS case is disappointing, its just two velcro straps that fit into loops on the case (the straps aren't even attached). The result is the rifle moves around inside the case a lot. The Perfect Carbine case relies on a tight fit to secure the rifle in the case and works well but it lacks the padding along the zippered edges that the SASS case has.

The internal measurement for the 35" Perfect Carbine Case is 34.5".

Great info. that really helps, thanks!

Reactions: tna9001
    Pretty sure they make cases for sig and Larue. Nice heavy American products

Reactions: tna9001
    I have a WRB case for my SIG Copperhead.
    Nicely made case and holds the Copperhead securely.
    The snap tie downs are the best.
    Nice mag pouches.
    I looked at the Armageddon SASS case and could put more than the two tie downs in the case but it’s expensive and the shipping is costly!
    I ordered the WRB 43” Multi-operational case for my SR-25 20” gun.
    Free Shipping.-Richard

Last edited:
    I have a WRB case for my SIG Copperhead.
    Nicely made case and holds the Copperhead securely.
    The snap tie downs are the best.
    Nice mag pouches.
    I looked at the Armageddon SASS case and could put more than the two tie downs in the case but it’s expensive and the shipping is costly!
    I ordered the WRB 43” Multi-operational case for my SR-25 20” gun.
    Free Shipping.-Richard
    Would the operational case take a folder?
    Wide enough?

Pretty sure they make cases for sig and Larue. Nice heavy American products

I had the Larue case, it definitely had a WRB label on it. Basically I just paid a lil extra to buy it from Larue and not straight from WRB (without knowing any better at the time.)

Edit: went back and looked at the Larue, it’s really not that much more for their version and it has the inside padded divider panels, which I don’t see on the WRB site as an option.

Anywho, the case was no frills but very nice. I’d definitely buy one again. Gave me years of solid service before it fell victim to gear ADD.

Last edited:
    I have a GPS tactical rifle case for my AR 15s to take to the range. It’s bullet proof and plenty of storage and even has a nice pistol transport spot. I have their 4 pistol backpack too. Great products I don’t see how you can mess them up. Very well made especially for the price

First Spear makes a 43" case that might work, it's a no thrills made in the USA bag with lots of room.

I just opened my WRB Mulit-Operational System Case with scope protector, 43”.
    It is 43.5” od.
    Made in the USA, $184.90 out the door.
    The Molle attachment is superb, the three straps and snap straps hold your weapon very secure, release the three quick release snaps and your good to go.
    Most of the other bags just give you velcro straps to secure your weapon and the WRB is clearly better.
    You can specify what type of mag pouches you want and suppressor length.
    There is also a shoulder strap.
    -Richard

Attachments

• FDDBA641-DA4C-427A-94FD-A3F6719108E0.jpeg
      FDDBA641-DA4C-427A-94FD-A3F6719108E0.jpeg
      513.2 KB · Views: 155
    • DC837A58-53C1-4854-A2AB-2CD423EE639C.jpeg
      DC837A58-53C1-4854-A2AB-2CD423EE639C.jpeg
      900.5 KB · Views: 144
    • ACFF4EBC-4BCC-40B9-A2A8-4CB50415904A.jpeg
      ACFF4EBC-4BCC-40B9-A2A8-4CB50415904A.jpeg
      1.1 MB · Views: 141
    • F5577984-B215-40B0-B55E-186E8B0A3D00.jpeg
      F5577984-B215-40B0-B55E-186E8B0A3D00.jpeg
      1.1 MB · Views: 135
    I just opened my WRB Mulit-Operational System Case with scope protector, 43”.
    It is 43.5” od.
    Made in the USA, $184.90 out the door.
    The Molle attachment is superb, the three straps and snap straps hold your weapon very secure, release the three quick release snaps and your good to go.
    Most of the other bags just give you velcro straps to secure your weapon and the WRB is clearly better.
    You can specify what type of mag pouches you want and suppressor length.
    There is also a shoulder strap.
    -Richard
    So it seems obvious from the photo but want to confirm, this fits into a hard case correct? Which one?

That WRB looks like the perfect size I've been looking for. Their website ordering system seems to be less than ideal, but I need to call them next week.

So it seems obvious from the photo but want to confirm, this fits into a hard case correct? Which one?”

As far as I know, the soft case is not designed to fit into any specific hard case.