• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Pre-Production pics of new bipod

Is that big U-shaped piece aluminum or steel? How much does the entire bipod weigh?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vkc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like TRG bipods and a quality product </div></div>
+1

Price?

Looks like a Sako TRG bipod with the spigot for the AI , also Roedale is producing one very similar .

Just one comment , those rubber feet are not good for the field shooting , just for the bench IMHO ,

PP out

looks like a high quality bipod. bipod looks a bit bulky though IMO. Any idea on how much this thing weighs? keep us posted on price and availability.

Very nice, but also way outta my league.

I'm a little iffy about the proximity of those pretty feet to the ports on that brake, though...

I realize that a thinking man may never shoot the rifle with the bipod folded, but you never know. IMHO, if a bad thing <span style="font-style: italic">can</span> happen, it <span style="font-style: italic">will</span> happen.

Greg

that think looks as stable as an old kitchen table, but its a little to big for my tastes I sure am fond of my Atlas. Will the production unit be coated/painted?

Dustin

Agree about the rubber feet, and would prefer steel claws. Price is kind of steep.

Looks good.
Price isn't steep when you consider the TRG bipod is almost 500€ RRP.

our bipods at 385€ are too expensive in my opinion, but manufacturing them in small quantities meant there isn't much profit in that. Hence we've been looking at ways to improve the bipods and reduce the price, we've a Gen II model about to go on sale,. with several improvements and a couple of variations.

What i think is good is that there is a whole load of European made products comming out at the mo, which gives us guys over here a wider choice of what is available, I think this is a trend that will continue, and is a positive step.

rgds Pete

Thats a mighty beefy looking bipod.

Nice to see a bit of variety out there these days.

Unfortunately the price is a bit much for my aussie dollar... however Pete you make a valid point in the manufacturing in small quantities, regardless its nice to at least see that type of catering for shooters.

Ragnar AW50.
I used to get down to the PX often when i worked for the European Space Agency in Darmstadt. I do occasionaly get down your way when visiting suppliers,so drop me a email and maybe we can hook up, like wise, if you are up north ( we are 1hr south of Bremen, 1 hr west of Hannover) drop in and see us.
Ha, PX trips where cool, I miss that. I just applied for my Brit Military Veterans ID so I'll soon have access to the NAAFI again, wonder if that goes for the PX too, have to check on that.

BankManager, you might want to tell them to PVD coat the steel parts, otherwise they'll rust badly. PVD coating might add some coin mind. Ha. positive. the cottage industry in firearms parts is developing into a growing business. The amount of kit comming on to the market from the EU at the mo is not small. Ive been trying to lead from the front for a few years now.
regds Pete

What will be the lowest and highest positions you will be able to adjust length and pan of the bipod to shoot from? Can if fit on a gun with a sling swivel mount?

I wonder when somebody is going to incorporate the alloy mounting block direct into the stock, so the legs are intgeral sort of like the FMAS ?

I typically use the Harris BR-S bipod in the field.I would like to see a shorter overall height.In the country where I do a lot of shooting and hunting,it is really rocky,rubber feet work better and are quieter than steel claws IMO.It would be nice to have a kit the user could change out the feet if he wanted to.

apart from smoothing out the lines, i would like to see the legs lockable in both 45degree positions, aswell as being able to 'splay' out the legs wider or narrower like an F-class bipod does.

Also, interchangable feet with ball joints for orientation on any uneven surfaces with legs at any angle.

The whole thing machined from billet aluminium and stainless.

Then you will have a bipod that can do anything and everything... good luck with it.

The idea behind the legs splaying out or in allows a fine elevation adjustment, it doesnt have to be much....

As you know, when shooting prone you have coarse ajustment in your leg lengths and rear support position/height in order to get close to you required elevation and maintain a comfortable/steady shooting position. However, often the position you end up in requires fine adjustment be able to hold dead on in a comfortable/steady position. ie. you inevitably end up somewhere in between... either the bipod is too tall or too short in between leg notches to where you need to hold and you only have so much adjustment in your rear support before it gets awkward or poor shooting position.

The variable leg splay solves this, and proven testament in F-class bipods, a thumb screw or knob can wind the bipod up or down (legs out or in) whilst your rear rest is secure to fine tune and get the exact elevation you need whilst looking thru your scope.
This is a simple mechanism to incorporate and if your serious about this bipod, i would be trying to make it as versatile as possible.

God damn, that looks expensive.

Sorry if I'm asking something already mentioned, but does the leg locks need to be pushed in to extend the legs or is it the other way around, push in to make legs pull in?

KISS: How does one go about to extend the legs? :)

Interesting.

I have some experience with such designs....

I really like the look of that!

Looks well made,another piece of worthy kit.

Nice! Looks like a viable alternative to the AI bipod.

am i the only one who finds that huge ass knob hanging down and the ball handle tightener ugly as all hell? The bipod looks sturdy as anything out there, but that thing is pure butt ass ugly.

any more info
looks to be a nice option

Great looking bipod but would like to see a shorter version. Collapsed legs seem to really stick out there quite far.

If anyone gets US pricing, please post up.

man this looks nice.why is there not much interest on this?

nothing new on this? it looked really cool. what happened?

they have them in stock but you have to order it from the I have the catalog # if interested they run around 350.00+ mount not included

wow. exspensive! but yeh send me the info and website info if you can out of curiosity.

Re: John Rigby & Co. of London, England - Bipod

This thread seems to have died. I see their bipods are available through Wolverine in Canada but only to Canadian addresses. No US seller??? If you know of one, please advise.

Re: John Rigby & Co. of London, England - Bipod

I own 2 of these. Really solid and stable. I will try and get pics posted in the next few days.