• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

45 acp

Valken

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2005
USA
need some load data for 45 acp 200 gr fmj ball. Primers= WLP, power bullseye. Anyone

Re: 45 acp

Bullseye powder = a lot of cleaning materials.

But I've been there myself. Look in the ballpark of 3.5 grains. Out of a 5" barrel government model Colt it will get you in the ballpark of 700 to 750 fps.

5.2 to 5.8 for 845 - 934 fps according to Speer, 4.5 - 5.8 700 -850 fps according to Sierra.

"Bullseye powder = a lot of cleaning materials."

I love the smell of Hoppe's #9 !

"Look in the ballpark of 3.5 grains. Out of a 5" barrel government model Colt it will get you in the ballpark of 700 to 750 fps."

I was using the 230 grain RN, but found much better consistency increasing the powder charge from the 3.5 grains you reference. I think I settled on 4.2 grains. I was also using plated bullets.

When I was actively shooting IPSC every month I practiced A LOT. Between me & my family we were shooting minimum of 1000 rounds a month. I started with Bullseye because it was cheap. Then I went to WW296. Then to WW 452AA. That was a very good load. But the last move I mad was to Vit N-340. That's the cleanest, good shooting load for 45 ACP I have ever found.

Years ago I was loading & shooting 10,000 rounds of 45 a year.

I want to add that all these loads were shot in a standard 5" Colt barrel shooting 230 grain FMJ at at least 850 fps. I was always a little above the major power factor. I was looking for the clearer loads because after I shot, my wife shot and our oldest daughter shot... I had to clean 3 or 4 times at the matches before everyone was through shooting. The N-340 would cure that problem.