• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

45 deg offset sights for 308

QuietM4

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2012
Mesa, AZ
I am looking at picking up a pair of BUIS for my LaRue ORB (when, by the grace of God, it arrives).

I came across these from Knights.
45 Degree Offset Sight Kit

It does not specifically list a caliber, and I can think of no reason why they wouldn't work for my application.

Anyone here think differently, or know of another/different option?

I know about the Dueck Defense Rapid Transition option, but I am looking for something that is smaller, folds, etc.

Re: 45 deg offset sights for 308

Caliber doesn't really matter. Those will work fine on a .308 gas gun.

KAC is the only folding 45 degree option. Not sure what caliber the BDC is tuned for, or why the hell you'd ever use it on you r secondary sights.

Im not sure i *get* folding 45 degree flip up irons. I barely *get* a 45 degree red-dot or similar.

To me its something run by gamers shooting 3-gun, not real world shooters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KAC is the only folding 45 degree option. Not sure what caliber the BDC is tuned for, or why the hell you'd ever use it on you r secondary sights. </div></div>

Not so much

http://www.jprifles.com/1.6.4.php

I think the KAC is the best choice.

If my scope has a 20x FOV, and I want to engage something within 100M, I want the BUIS option.

Plus it looks cool.

Thanks for the input, everyone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im not sure i *get* folding 45 degree flip up irons. I barely *get* a 45 degree red-dot or similar.

To me its something run by gamers shooting 3-gun, not real world shooters.

</div></div>

In the urban environment, the offset actually has some use. If a guy is running a SPR or a M110 (M110K) it definitely makes sense.
There are guns being issued with the offset iron sights.

I've been looking into a 45 degree offset on a .308 as well, but for a mini red dot sight. I'd like to go wild hog hunting soon, and I figured it would be a good backup in case some pig decided to charge and I don't have time to pull my pistol. I've never tried it though, can anyone offer a first hand opinion of offset sight use? Iron or red dot, either one.