• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

45 years ago, what were you doing.

kraigWY

CMP GSM MI
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2006
Wyoming
Jan 30, 1968, My unit (2/502 Inf, 101st Abn Div) was pulled off the Cambodia border and rushed to Siagon.

Hot times in the old town tonight.

Re: 45 years ago, what were you doing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Swimming around, just a couple short months away from finding an egg. </div></div>

+1

Swimming for survival, trying not to end up tied up in a trash can or in the toilet.

Tearin my Mama in half. 10.5 lbs, she still complains about it
laugh.gif

Riding a honda 70 in the pasture and puttin gum in girls hair.

Hangin around in my dad's ball sack hoping he didn't get liquored up and screw one of his cousins.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hangin around in my dad's ball sack hoping he didn't get liquored up and screw one of his cousins. </div></div>

I was right there with you...in a different sack of course.

I found the egg about a month before. About to make my grand-entrance about 8ish months from then.

So.... what you're saying is,,,, you were born before they invented color, right?

Seriously though, thank you for what you did. All of it. If I ever have the opportunity, the first round's on me. Good chance the second will be, too.

Doing short time in Quantico, waiting out the duration until my 22Feb Separation Date.

Riding my Triump Bonneville over the stadium arches at the University of Georgia.

Going up was a rush, coming back down was MF!!! Dit it only once.

I added wrong the first time...45years ago I was in San Francisco's golden gate park taking full advantage of the new "free love" idea that the hippies came up with. I wasn't a hippie, but as a young man, I thought that free love from the hippie chicks was a wonderful idea. Aides and herpes had not come into prominence yet, so the worst that could happen was having to go to the free clinic and get a shot from the doctor. Good times!

Hoping that the NVA didn't get to the POW camp in Pleiku and release the prisoners held there. The few of us Security Police posted on the perimeter at the Air Base wouldn't have lasted very long. The fucking ARVN troops had already run away and the Mike forces and American forces stayed to finish the job. Thank you fellas, who ever you were.

Indiansinger

Home on leave, headed to VN, assigned to 1/327 INfantry. Arrived Feb 10, 68. A lovely year in the wooded high country of the exotic far east. A Shau, and surrounding wilderness.

Working as a test engineer for IBM,thinking that this place is a fucked up as the Army, with all their paperwork.

I was somewhere in VN, watching the days get shorter. Well, I wasn't but my dad was.

thanks pop for saving me til you got home to mom.

had just hooked up with a cute little egg, and was settling back for 9 months of peach and quiet. Then it all went crazy.

Hmmm 8yo dad was teaching me to shoot a 22. and took me for a helo ride he was a Medivac Pilot in korea

Same thing Im doing today...trying to get laid.

A year behind ya. Got there in 69.

Playing with my Tonka “Mighty Dump” truck

Getting ready to go. Knew I was drafted next and why. Nuff said.
Drafted 19 March 68, attended class well and earned my right to go on to other short schools, and then the coveted Graduation Field Trip. A Guided hunt somewhere down in SE Asia. They provided guns and all the ammo you wanted and field gear, damn good outfitter. Had transportation laid on and lots of hunts.. Free "Box lunches' and canteens and all kinds of stuff. Then they let me know<<"The Landowners are not friendly so shoot at them first, then go shoot whatever animal it was that you were hunting." Oh, Ya, a free hunting license too. Those outfitters were great on that but did seem to be confused about some of the hunting grounds they had leased.
We went on several trips on the hunting grounds and saw only small critters and bugs, not the neat animals we had come to hunt. The worst thing about this hunt was how many scraps we got into with the landowners and the Guide's problems getting on to their leases. Shit, we had to fight every time.
All in my hunting party don't want to pay the costs for another hunt with that Outfitter, tooo many landowner disputes. E 5/7 Cav. 69/70

Since my dad would have been -1 years old at that time, I was not even close to a thought

I was in the negatives by roughly 16 years, dam young bucks. Thanks to all of you for your service!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PowerstrokeOBX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Swimming around, just a couple short months away from finding an egg. </div></div>

+1

Swimming for survival, trying not to end up tied up in a trash can or in the toilet. </div></div>

LOL! Same here swimming my tail off.

Fishing, Hunting, Cleaning Boats and Fish in Sekiu as a 7 yr old. Loved every minute of it on Olson's docks. Little did I know that bristle brush would turn into a Mop to swab ship decks with. Here's your sign
smile.gif

Waxing my bayonet most likely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former naval person</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bill Larson...I was in Guantanamo at the same time...onboard the "Everglades"...AD24. FNP</div></div>

was`nt that home ported outa Charleton SC.........???

You are right. We were down servicing the destroyers that served as "ping targets" for the submarines.

Philadelphia Naval Station, going through the separation process.

Met my last ship in the Philly Naval Yard. Didn't care too much for the area, except I've never had as good a sandwich as the REAL Philly steak and cheese, grilled on the open flat grill with onions and thin sliced beef. Almost worth re-upping for that!

I missed that party. I was either still at Ft. Lewis or had just gotten to Ft. Holabird. Made it over the pond in Sep. 68 and came back in '70.

Be careful here, you will show how old you are---
What do you remember as to the delightful cuisine that the Big Outfitter gave us for "Box Lunches?" C-Rats, and if you were lucky LRRP rations
Every one wanted Beans and Wienies-B-2 and all else was shit.,
well not quite. We lived on these lunches.
I can still remember what the boxes were even turned over so everyone got a fair draw. Turkey Loaf, Pork Slices, Beef in Spice Sauce, Ham & MF, The delightful Scrambled Egg dish, B-1A and B3A and the best B-2. Regards, FM

looking in awe at the TV wondering if I would see my uncle who was in Da Nang, or making sure Grampa, who only spoke once, actually spoke TWICE before I would run away laughing to avoid getting my wee ass spanked. Oh yeah, and somewhere during that third year on the planet, getting to light grampa's cigar, like having that fat green white owl in my mouth pulling for all I was worth when he applied the Zippo...then promptly coughing up a lung to avoid cigars for oh about another 16 years or so

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foul Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you remember as to the delightful cuisine that the Big Outfitter gave us for "Box Lunches?" </div></div>
Having to eat maggot weed to unload it, was worse than the C-rat in the first place. When I came home Dad ask why I was taking 5-6 showers everyday.

Trying to get the red dirt and smell of burning shit off?
Both were well ingrained as well as other foul smells you came across out in the boonies. Regards, FM