• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

457 spring

Airsick

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2023
Odessa, FL
Hey, guys. I'm a newbie (long timer on M14 forum)and I hope to get lots of useful info here. I live in Odessa, FL, not TX.
For Christmas I bought a CZ 457 Varmint MTR and am in love with it. I'm still playing at 50 yards and enjoying the less expensive .22LR. I replaced the trigger spring with the one from CZ, but I can't get the pull less than 2lbs., even with the adjustment screw backed off all the way. It's even worse with the beefier bolt spring, so I took it off and put the stock one back on. I tweaked with all three trigger screws hoping to get the right feel, but I'm still around 2lbs. I read the other threads on the different kits out there, but I thought I should be able to get the pull closer to 1lb with the CZ upgrade. Should I cut a coil or two off the spring? Thanks in advance.

I have a 457 that measures 4.4 oz. using a McMaster Carr spring. I don’t have a pic of that rifle, but here’s another 457 with the same spring. I took this pic to show a potential buyer.
81DFCAD2-073D-4C3D-9FE5-09E19AECDFDA.jpeg

YoDave springs are the way to go. Have them on my 452,455, and 457

Some shooters on RimfireCentral use an Ace Hardware # 144 spring.