• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

457 VPT Manners Stock ARCA RAIL Questions

texasrimfirenut

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2020
East Texas
Gang, got a 457 VPT with the Manner's stock.

Looking at ARCA rail to put on it. Area 419 seems to be the gold standard. If I have this figured out right, the 14" sticks out the front and a 12" should fit about right with no overhang. I noticed it seems most go with the 14" with some overhang. Is there an advantage to this?

Just kind of on the fence as to whether to get the 12" or 14" and hoping for a little direction.

Also, are there any instructions somewhere on how to put this on the Manners stock? Seem I only have one hole (where the sling stud is) and not sure how I get a second one in the stock to secure it.

Lastly, it seems I can only find the Proof barrel in stock at this time. I am confused as to whether or not this is a match chamber or bentz. Area 419 says something about it being a Bentz chamber on their builds whereas other places refer to a match chamber. This is on the carbon fiber version. I know its always somewhat of a crap shoot but if I bought a $900 barrel, I'd expect lights out shooting with it. On Proof's website I don't see anywhere it shows whether it is Bentz or Match and I see no guaranteed accuracy promise. Does anyone know any more about them?

Appreciate it.

I went with the weighted ARCA rail from 419. I was on the fence having the rail stick out. On installation, I used the existing mounting hole and just drilled and epoxied in another 4 prong nut. You will have to take the barreled action out of the stock, figure out where you want the other mounting screw and then drill a hole the size of the small part on the nut. Then I took and went from inside and used a forstner bit slightly larger than flang on the t-nut and installed the nut with epoxy. The weighted rail helped with the rifle being rear heavy.

I went with the weighted ARCA rail from 419. I was on the fence having the rail stick out. On installation, I used the existing mounting hole and just drilled and epoxied in another 4 prong nut. You will have to take the barreled action out of the stock, figure out where you want the other mounting screw and then drill a hole the size of the small part on the nut. Then I took and went from inside and used a forstner bit slightly larger than flang on the t-nut and installed the nut with epoxy. The weighted rail helped with the rifle being rear heavy.
Thank you very much for the info. I will look into the weighted rail.

Reactions: jetjock07
I will add, do not assume the seam in the carbon wrap is center of the forearm. I drilled small hole through stock from the outside first ( gives clean cut on carbon fiber), then used these holes as guides and used a paddle bit to drill recessed holes for t-nut. The forearm is thicker towards the butt end so recess hole needs to be a little deeper for t-nut to work or you could get longer screw so it will reach t-nut The inside stock material is very easy to drill, reminds me of bondo body filler. The carbon wrap is the harder of the two stock materials and easy to drill with a sharp drill bit.

I used the sling stud hole and drilled three more holes. Probably overkill but I don't like things to move. I used the weighted arca rail cause I wanted to add weight to my rifle.

20221127_203013.jpg

20221127_202959.jpg

20221205_120832.jpg

20221127_203448.jpg

Reactions: texasrimfirenut
I will add, do not assume the seam in the carbon wrap is center of the forearm. I drilled small hole through stock from the outside first ( gives clean cut on carbon fiber), then used these holes as guides and used a paddle bit to drill recessed holes for t-nut. The forearm is thicker towards the butt end so recess hole needs to be a little deeper for t-nut to work or you could get longer screw so it will reach t-nut The inside stock material is very easy to drill, reminds me of bondo body filler. The carbon wrap is the harder of the two stock materials and easy to drill with a sharp drill bit.

I used the sling stud hole and drilled three more holes. Probably overkill but I don't like things to move. I used the weighted arca rail cause I wanted to add weight to my rifle.

View attachment 8205783

View attachment 8205782

View attachment 8205785

View attachment 8205784
Thank you very much. That was very helpful and very much appreciated.

Reactions: BowChamp