• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

458 SOCOM 350g Berry's Subsonic

I contacted the developer of the 458 Socom and they sent me a load data chart I am attached here

Cheers

Attachments

• 458SOCOMWPData[100].pdf
    80.5 KB · Views: 460
I worked up some loads with the Berry's Superior Plated Round Shoulder 350gr, using HS-6, and CCI350 primers.

Shooting from a 10.5" 1/14 Gibbz Arms G4 Non Reciprocating Side Charging Billet Aluminum Receiver, on a Franklin Armory Libertas BFS lower with carbine buffer tube assy. Suppressed with a Rugged Obsidian 45, using their fixed mount adapter - all measurements in the full-length configuration.

Still to early to give final info (I'm actually loading up for another set of ladders tonight).

Ranged from 13.5gr to 15.5gr of powder (which is, for me, an uncomfortably low case load volume at ~30-35%). Everything cycled properly, including slide-lock / BHO. The 15.0 and 15.5 ran a little hot, with a bit of a twang in the buffer/spring. Groups were consistent - don't mind that groups II and III are lower than IIII and V, I was adjusting my optic at the same time. (and I know the Roman Numeral system; my marking technique is my own).

Second trip with 14.4, 14.6, and 14.8grs. I had two slam-fires, 1 in 7 rounds of the 14.6 and 14.8 loads - but that seemed to be a primer depth issue. Though I'll obviously be carefully monitoring that issue. Was firing offhand, focused on function, so groups aren't indicative of anything other than my patience - hence no pics.

No chrono at my range, but did have a dB meter - and the 15.0 and 15.5 both seemed to crack into supersonic at 5,500' of elevation (indoor range, 70 degrees / probably 40% humidity).

When things stayed subsonic, was getting 91-104dB with measurements taken ~2 ft left of the lower receiver, and in the high 80's 1m behind the shooter. Even what I perceived to be supersonic was only registering around 109-112 dB.

Now I just need to get my can outta jail, so that I can start running these over a chrono on my property (without pissing off the neighbors).

IMG_9400.jpeg

I worked up some loads with the Berry's Superior Plated Round Shoulder 350gr, using HS-6, and CCI350 primers.

Shooting from a 10.5" 1/14 Gibbz Arms G4 Non Reciprocating Side Charging Billet Aluminum Receiver, on a Franklin Armory Libertas BFS lower with carbine buffer tube assy. Suppressed with a Rugged Obsidian 45, using their fixed mount adapter - all measurements in the full-length configuration.

Still to early to give final info (I'm actually loading up for another set of ladders tonight).

Ranged from 13.5gr to 15.5gr of powder (which is, for me, an uncomfortably low case load volume at ~30-35%). Everything cycled properly, including slide-lock / BHO. The 15.0 and 15.5 ran a little hot, with a bit of a twang in the buffer/spring. Groups were consistent - don't mind that groups II and III are lower than IIII and V, I was adjusting my optic at the same time. (and I know the Roman Numeral system; my marking technique is my own).

Second trip with 14.4, 14.6, and 14.8grs. I had two slam-fires, 1 in 7 rounds of the 14.6 and 14.8 loads - but that seemed to be a primer depth issue. Though I'll obviously be carefully monitoring that issue. Was firing offhand, focused on function, so groups aren't indicative of anything other than my patience - hence no pics.

No chrono at my range, but did have a dB meter - and the 15.0 and 15.5 both seemed to crack into supersonic at 5,500' of elevation (indoor range, 70 degrees / probably 40% humidity).

When things stayed subsonic, was getting 91-104dB with measurements taken ~2 ft left of the lower receiver, and in the high 80's 1m behind the shooter. Even what I perceived to be supersonic was only registering around 109-112 dB.

Now I just need to get my can outta jail, so that I can start running these over a chrono on my property (without pissing off the neighbors).

View attachment 8101717
Okay - had a really solid outing yesterday and found the following loads to perform exceptionally well:
CCI350s, HS-6 at 14.0gr, OAL of 2.07in (overall the best) (est. velocity of 1045fps)
1679889973595.png

CCI350s, HS-6 at 14.2gr, OAL of 2.09in (est. velocity of 1050fps)
1679890106784.png

And, with the second best overall, CCI350s, HS-6 at 14.0gr, OAL of 2.05in (est. velocity of 1050fps)

1679890201808.png

Also had some 14.0 at 2.13" OAL, but those failed to go back into battery, not sure if it was an OAL problem, or a power / gas volume problem. But, I still fired them all by manually loading each round, but they were not as tight as these three groups.

I'll be working up 450gr from Evergreen Bullets next weekend. :)