• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

458 socom bolt gun value

matthias

Terminal lurker
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2011
bismarck north dakota
if this post is against forum rules please forgive me and I will take it down immediately.

thinking about selling my savage 458 socom. not trying to sell it now . I don't want to price it to high or sell it to low .
was wondering what the general consensus was on value for this rifle is?
this is the parts list
savage 10 centerfeed action
bell and carleson medalist stock
cdi bottom metal
one aics 308 magazine and one aics magazine that is in bad shape
megowen 1-14 twist stainless barrel 16"
egw rail
bolt lift reduction kit
96 pc of brass
hornady dies

thanks for your time can post pictures later. not trying to sell it now looking to get an idea what it is worth. thank you

If the gas and piston market are any indication and the rifle is in good condition, you won't have a problem selling it. Not even up in North Dakota (Go Bison)

I'd say $700ish+- a bit, but that's purely opinion. It's hard to put a price on unique guns like this. To the right person it could be worth more.

I'd say $700ish+- a bit, but that's purely opinion. It's hard to put a price on unique guns like this. To the right person it could be worth more.

If it was chambered in .308 what would you price it at?

I'm thinking it may take a bit longer to find a buyer, but I wouldn't penalize the value of the gun unless it had to be sold quickly, just because it is chambered for a niche round. I know a few guys who wouldn't mind shooting hogs or deer with it.

If I'm buying used I don't plan on paying new prices. I'd break it down as following regardless of cartridge:

Action with rail, bolt kit: $250
Stock: $100
Bottom metal: $100
Mags: $50 total
Barrel: $200
Brass and dies: $50

Neat gun and chambering, just not for everyone.

If it was chambered in .308 what would you price it at?

I'm thinking it may take a bit longer to find a buyer, but I wouldn't penalize the value of the gun unless it had to be sold quickly, just because it is chambered for a niche round. I know a few guys who wouldn't mind shooting hogs or deer with it.