• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

458 SOCOM Load Data

Re: 458 SOCOM Load Data

Match it to the weight, not teh specific bullet. The data from Teppo Jutsu that I have seen is from Quickload, not tests.

What powder are you using, I might have something to start you from.

Using Reloder-7, Remington 2 1/2 Large Pistol primers, Starline brass trim 1.570", Hornady 325gr FTX for an OAL of 2.197", 40.0 gr gave me about 1765fps out of a 16" RRA barrel...

Visit 458socomforums.com for more data and discussion on this cartridge.

eta: H110, H4198, and Lil' Gun are favored powders atm, Lil' Gun and H110 are going to give you higher velocities but I got like 6# of Re-7 to go through first.

I have H110 and H4198 too please give me the loads for that powder and what did you find to shoot the best. I also have a Rock River upper 16" Barrel. Any other load would help.
Thanks

I have a SWEET load with H110 and the Hornady FTX 325 grain bullets. I have a custom 16" shilen barrel on a Rock river upper with Rock River bolt and charging handle. I will have to give you the load data when I get home but I was getting 1/2"-3/4" five shot groups with this load consistantly. I have a timney trigger in my lower but only have up to a 6x scope on the gun. So I was pleased to say the least. Shoot me a PM and I will get you the load data I have when I get home for this load. I have shot several deer with it and it is impressive. The furthest deer was shot at 203 yards. DRT!

Anyone use IMR4227, Accurate 5744, Accurate 1680, or Accurate 2015 for the .458 Socom? These powders' burn rates are between (or REAL close, depending on the chart) to H110 and RL-7. There may be nothing to gain, but it is nice to have options to tailor loads.

I wonder what Quickload would say about these powders with the Hornady 325 FTX and Remington 405?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ieddoctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have tried to get into 458socomforums.com but it seems to be down. </div></div>

That forum has been down for many months now.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=42&t=301533

This is what i've been going off. I have not messed with anything higher than 300 gr. Plus i've only used Lil Gun and H110. I can tell you though that the Lil Gun will rock ALOT harder and faster in my 16" RR. I'm planning on useing H110 with my Hornady 300 JHP for plinking and Lil Gun with Barnes 300 TTSX for putting food on the grill. One of the loads of LG was pushing 1945 fps and really good es sd. Groups though were around 1.5 moa. That was with crimped brass and i'm planning on testing loads that are not.

Has anybody used the 300 grain ballistic silvertips yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anybody used the 300 grain ballistic silvertips yet? </div></div>

What bullet are you talking about, the Barnes semi spitzer flat base?

Using Remington 405 grain sp

34.5g H110 gives 1680 fps.

to get the most out of my suppressor
14.3 of HS-6 gives 1006 fps
15.4 of HS-7 comes in at 985 fps

Since Marty's site is down (458socomforums).. and has been down for some time. We've decided to start another forum dedicated to the 458 SOCOM platform. There is not much there yet, but there is some load data, and other misc stuff. This is a free to register VB forum, and the more 458S users we can get, the better our forum will be.

The forum is www.the458socom.com

This forum piggy backs on our local offroad forum (Usually guns and wheeling go hand in hand) which is why we made that decision. If we can get enough traffic and interest, we will start a new, dedicated forum, exclusively to 458 Users.

Thanks guys, hope that wasn't too much of a whorring...

Hornady 325 FTX with H4198 40.0 grns fed large pistol primer col: 2.210 on crimp shot one hole groups at 100 yards in three rock river uppers. 1689 average feet per sec. hope this will help

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jmorris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Using Remington 405 grain sp

34.5g H110 gives 1680 fps.

to get the most out of my suppressor
14.3 of HS-6 gives 1006 fps
15.4 of HS-7 comes in at 985 fps </div></div>

what suppressor are you using?

Yes I have shot about 20 of them at 100 yards with 39 grains of H4198. The bullets hit a quarter inch steel and turned to mush. THey exploded on contact. Only thing left was a silver colored dent.