• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

458 SOCOM

ugadeer

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2009
Athens, GA
alright guys, i thought i had a while for devlopment but just got trail cam pics downloaded and it seems that i have a couple 300+ lb pigs eating all of my deer food out of my troughs..........

i have components (and hopefully some powder that will work) for my 458 but have no good reloading data, i will be loading 300gr barnes tsx's and/or hornady 325 leverlutions.......starline brass and winchester large pistol primers........can ya'll help with a good charge?

thanks, Matt

Re: 458 SOCOM

thanks bohem, hopefully i'll get some more ideas on here and i'll definitely pm him

Re: 458 SOCOM

I use 38grns of H110 under a 300grn Rem JHP. Gets close to 2k fps. Use Magnum Large Pistol primers though. That TSX probably has more bearing surface than my Rem. 300 grainer does. Check out 458socomforums.com there's lot of load data there, that's the spot for big bore AR owners.