• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.45acp 200gr SWC

Wannabeinotc

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2014
MN
I received these D&J SWC bullets from a friend's stash after his passing.
After a quick Google look, it seems they are no longer around.
Are you using anything that's comparable you like?
Shooting a full size Kimber and HK45 and they both like it.
Are all 200gr SWC created equal? Anything to stay away from?

Attachments

• 20231012_213029.jpg
    20231012_213029.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: simonp
I used them when I shot limited 10 in USPSA back in the day. They were good bullets at least back then. I loaded mine with WST, mine was a full size Kimber as well.

Reactions: Lightning8
I had a friend casting for me using the Lee mould which is similar. I would have to look up my notes, but i had a Unique load that was comfortable and accurate. It also was comfortably inside the USPSA power factor for Major.

H&G 68 and its clones have been shot by the literal tons for many, many, many, many years in every type of pistol shooting sport.

It is an extremely popular bullet in .45 ACP for bullseye and other target shooting.

You should find a list of loads for that bullet in every reloading manual made from the bullet’s introduction to today.

4 to 4.5 gr of bullseye seated to where the shoulder is about a thumbnail out of the case (1.245-1.250) and a .472 taper crimp.

H&G 68 and its clones ....

4 to 4.5 gr of bullseye

Bumping this thread as I'm about to setup a 550 tool head for 45 and this will be my load. I figure about 750 fps outta be plenty fast for just about anything that needs shooting.

Wouldn't mind killing a deer with it.

Bumping this thread as I'm about to setup a 550 tool head for 45 and this will be my load. I figure about 750 fps outta be plenty fast for just about anything that needs shooting.

Wouldn't mind killing a deer with it.
I get ~750 f/s with 4.0-4.2/Bullseye. For short range deer hunting, you'll want another propellant. Consider using Unique or BE-86 in the 6.8-7.2 gr. range. With such a load, it is CRUCIAL that you start low and work up.

200 SWC +4.5gr of Bullseye is a classic load. I have shot tens of thousands through my 1911s.

Used to shoot a H&G's 200gr SWC using 3.5 & 4.2 grs of Bullseye.
3.5 @ 25 an, 4.2 @ 50 in a 1911a1. Never had to touched the sights. Rapid or slow never an issue with those loads.