• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 45acp Glock shooters...

Re: 45acp Glock shooters...

I used to shoot G21 in comps, but sold it and bought a G35 which I'm thinking about selling and buying another G17 or G 34. 45 is great for knocking over steel plates, 9mm is all you need

I ran a G21 in matches for about a year. With some mods it can run pretty well, but it is not the most competitive firearm.

It was the only high cap pistol that I had at the time so I made it work.

A Glock in .45 is not really all that competitive in any of the popular competitions. It'd be somewhat competitive in USPSA Limited-10 and perhaps in IDPA's CDP, but obviously not ideal for either of those games against single action guns.

The more competitive Glocks are going to be the 34/35 and 24.

I tried to play the game with a G 21 SF, but it really is more of a fighting gun than a game gun. Many do well with it but mine is comfortable in my contingency bag.

Love my G21.. but I ran it a few times this summer for fun and was happy to go back to my G35. It can be used, but there are better options if you have the means.

If it's your duty/work gun, and you play in USPSA/IPSC/IDPA for a sort of training, go for it. THe more reps with your gun, the more motor-memory you'll develop.

If you want to, game-the-game, so to speak, get a G35 or G34, and it's all you need. 1) WAAAaaaaaay more parts/aftermarket for the smaller frame Glocks. 2) Less recoil 3) More ammo capacity(doesn't matter in L-10 or Production for USPSA as it's limited to 10rd/magazine.)

I own and carry a G21SF as duty gun. Love it for that, but it's not a winning gun in competition to be sure. Especially since my name isn't Dave Sevigny!
wink.gif