• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 462yrd shot on ground squirrel

GUNNER75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 29, 2005
    SW KS
    Was out shooting this evening testing some new 243 loads at 300yrds. This little guy stepped out beyond the target and gave me a couple shots. He should have skinned out before #4.
    Pretty sure he would have lived another day if it wasn't for my spotter.

115gr DTAC running 3010fps. Entry=size of bullet, exit=Nada (he hides it well in the pic).

462yrd kiss.

IMG_2131.jpg

Re: 462yrd shot on ground squirrel

that's good stuff. Much more fun than metal! Well done.

nice shot.. but how did you even spot that little critter at that range?

Employee of mine was firing as I was watching through 45 power spotter. Thought I noticed a something or other moving around beyond the target a ways. When he finished the group, I took a better look at him.

Pulled up the .243 supporting a 8.5-25 and went to work.

No, but my employee and his dad run a hide tanning operation. They also bleach skulls. I have had them do many bobcat, coyote, etc for me. Told him we were bringing it back and he needed to do it. He just laughed and said yeah whatever.

Nice, might have took me a few shots more than that with my 223. Interesting design on it's back.

Exellent shooting. I have kind of given up going long range on squirrels. Im in a lead free zone, those varmint grenades get extremely erratic past 300 and it is not worth buring up the ammo trying to connect.

If my eyes are not decieving me that is a chipmonk. I hope that wasnt Chip or Dale. How in the hell did you even see him at that range.