• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms 475 Linebaugh

7P's

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2011
North Dakota
I have a custom Ruger Super Blackhawk that was converted by Dave Clements from a 44 magnum to the 475 Linebaugh. The cylinder is a 5-shot, which is what all 475 Linebaugh's are/or should be. The barrel length is 5.5 inches, making this revolver very packable/holster friendly. Most 475 Linebaugh's have a barrel length of 7.5 inches.

After conversion this revolver was hard chromed and a Bowen rear sight was added along with a custom Clements front sight, which is narrowed to 0.100 inches with a bar. The grips are "custom" - that is, I purchased these grips for this revolver but they weren't sent to the grip maker or made by a high dollar custom grip maker and the cost wasn't expensive but I liked the looks and they have held up over the years very well.

John Linebaugh currently is converting Ruger Bisley's to 475 Linebaugh at a cost of $3,800.00 and you need to furnish the donor revolver. Clements will only do it on a custom/Special Order basis.
5h
Included will be a Hornady Custom-grade Die Set, Virgin Starline 475 Linebaugh cases and some cast bullets.

Price is $3,000.00 or trade for variable scope like 3-20/5-25/4-35 etc with similar value or a 640 thermal - might have to add a few bucks or I might have to give a couple bucks. I'm open for offers.

Your FFL will have to agree to accept delivery from a private/non-FFL person.

6XTtxxj.jpg

e8t6qhf.jpg

7km5X0M.jpg

D2DTtAQ.jpg

fbKMznR.jpg

7km5X0M.jpg

LbpsNrq.jpg

pECmOKA.jpg

s4XIU6y.jpg

Last edited:
It looks good, shoots straight and can be loaded to whatever level you feel comfortable with, as recoil starts talking to you at 1,250 fps with a 420 grain cast bullet - you can go heavier if you're into self abuse.;)

If you have a S&B or NF scope with a variable power up to or over 20X with a value of $2,800.00 or more - I would be interested.

I also have a 500 Linebaugh Maximum, which is a whole different discussion relative to financial terms and hurt locker status. That revolver was also converted by Dave Clements from a 375 Seville. The 500 Linebaugh shoots 0.510 diameter bullets, and it will talk to you shooting 420 grain bullets at 1,300 fps and will holler at you when shooting 525 grain cast bullets at 1,250 fps. Price is $4,500.00 and includes the custom Combination Wyoming Holster, 100 cases of virgin Hornady brass, headstamp correct (rare and very expensive per piece), some cut down 50 Alaskan brass cases (this is the only way to obtain/make Linebaugh 500 Max brass) and both cast and custom jacketed bullets.

Rzpeqaa.jpg

wHSHEFw.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 260284 and Sykes
Always wanted a 500 Linebaugh. Had a 475 for years, damn thing would shoot 1.5" groups at 100 yards with 410gr cast performance bullets. Never got around to killing anything with it though

Reactions: 7P's
As some say, best to have it and not need it, as opposed to needing it and not having it. In my opinion, I’ll take the hard hitting Linebaughs over a shotgun on camp outs/hikes etc.

Major difference between the 500 Linebaugh and 500 Linebaugh Maximum is case length. 1.4” vs 1.6”, which may not seem like much, but in real life, it’s like the difference between the 38 Special and a 357 Magnum. They both kill but one kills on one end and injures at the other end.;)

Ya, I know money is tight (at least for me) but I'm open to trade offers relative to high end day light scopes or NV/thermal night scopes . Last go around before I put these babies back in the safe for winter hibernation.

I just reduced the price (10/23) on the 475 Linebaugh from $3500 to $3000 - might help someone to think about it more.