• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

4DOF Kestrel and 22LR Drag Profiles

Donelson Precision

Donelson Precision
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2023
Cameron, MO
I recently purchased the Hornady 4DOF Kestrel to add to my arsenal. I went with the 4DOF Kestrel because I use the Hornady Ballistics solver and have all my data trued on it. After receiving my Kestrel, the bullet profiles for 22LR are NOT on the link app to be able to build and send to my 4DOF Kestrel. In the Hornady app, they have many 22LR profiles they have tested and are damn accurate on the ones I have used and set.
Kestrel has no idea what's going on and simply tells me to uninstall and reinstall on a new wifi network. Which I have done multiple times, on many different networks, along with mobile data. They say they have this problem with no one else but me. Hornady hasn't been able to help either. Figured I'd drop a line here to see if anyone else has this issue or if it may be something to do with the Kestrel I bought.

Try this in the rimfire section......