• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

4DOF Kestrel not playing well with 6XC

canezach

House of Chingasos
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 18, 2014
    Colorado
    I have no other way to explain it. I own a Desert Tech and AI AX with about ten different barrels between them. The solutions in the Kestrel have been spot on for everything else. The second I switch to my 6XC with either 115 DTACs or the Barnes 112 Match Burner, my solution is about 0.4 mils off (let's say actual dope is 3.0 mils to 615 yards, 4DOF Kestrel says I need 2.6 mils) and I can not adjust the Form factor enough to get everything to line up. All my inputs are correct and work for other calibers, except for the damn 6XC, not that I think it's caliber specific, just that the combination of bullet, velocity, scope height, etc just happens to give me poor results. My Dasher is spot on for both 105 and 109 Hybrids so it's not an issue with 6mm bullets. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
    I have no other way to explain it. I own a Desert Tech and AI AX with about ten different barrels between them. The solutions in the Kestrel have been spot on for everything else. The second I switch to my 6XC with either 115 DTACs or the Barnes 112 Match Burner, my solution is about 0.4 mils off (let's say actual dope is 3.0 mils to 615 yards, 4DOF Kestrel says I need 2.6 mils) and I can not adjust the Form factor enough to get everything to line up. All my inputs are correct and work for other calibers, except for the damn 6XC, not that I think it's caliber specific, just that the combination of bullet, velocity, scope height, etc just happens to give me poor results. My Dasher is spot on for both 105 and 109 Hybrids so it's not an issue with 6mm bullets. Any suggestions?
    Have you checked with Kestrel? They are really helpful and might have already run across this.

Have you checked with Kestrel? They are really helpful and might have already run across this.
    I haven't. I even forgot there was an "official" 4dof Kestrel thread when I posted this, so I'm going to copy and paste this there and see what they say

Reactions: Holliday
    I haven't. I even forgot there was an "official" 4dof Kestrel thread when I posted this, so I'm going to copy and paste this there and see what they say
    I am sure you have but just in case, make sure your firmware is current. They are always fixing little bugs.