• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

4K Target Camera System DIY

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 13, 2013
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania
    Ive been getting some questions, build lists, how to, etc so I made a quick video for those asking about my non-cell service HD IP Target Camera setup... This is my setup for area with no cell service...

Here some pictures of the camera looking at target thats been shot with 22LR hanging in my office. Camera is about 28' away.. This is an 8MP 3840x2160 4K HD VF Motorized 2.8-13.5mm IP POE camera... The larger image is the camera zoomed in to 13.5mm at 28' from target.. The second picture is my utilizing the digital zoom feature of the camera to zoom in to the target about 60% of the way...

As stated in the video, Im just waiting on a new mount that will be here tomorrow to enclose the camera pigtail in and connect the ARCA adapter to so I can pop the camera on and off quickly. I had a different camera and it was rigged on there before so I decided to redo it.

Im rebuilding the firing line box but as stated in the video, its an identical setup but instead of the camera connected, it has a pocket size router/WiFi AP... I dont want the tripod at the firing line, so all the hardware shown in the target camera pelican 1170 will go inside an ammo can sized box and Ill mount the Nanostation articulating arm to the outside.. Just sent the ammo can on the bench at the firing line and aim the Nano as you wish to the Target cam...

This is my setup for my local range or anywhere that DOES have cell service.. TuringAI Edge+ 5MP VF Motorized Bullet camera on a tripod with a 30' Cat6 cable to a Pelican 1120 case. Target below is 22LR holes and the camera is about 25' away with the motor zoomed all the way in. You can still utilize digital zoom if you wanted to see anything closer.

This setup uses an Inseego MiFi X Pro 5G cellular modem connected via T-Mobile 5G. The MiFiX Pro, 6600mAH battery and the 12v to 48V POE converter is all all in the little Pelican that I set way off to the side and back behind another burm so it cannot be shot. I then place the camera on a tripod about 20' back and 10' off to the left of the target...

Im waiting for a new junction box mount to come for this new camera so I can simply attach it to any tripod via arca without rigging it up like I was before... QD on and off with arca is how it will be

I then can simply open the Turing app on my phone and see the camera live or on a laptop or tablet. No hardware or anything needed at the firing line with this setup.

Here what the system/camera app looks like on my phone... can use this same app on apple/android phone, tablet or MAC/PC. Or all of the above at the same time.. can connect as many devices as you want to this setup at the firing line...

Camera still at 28' from target.

App in portrait mode 6 camera view.... you can change it to 1, 4, 6, 9, 12, or 16 camera view at the same time...

Turn your phone to landscape on the single camera and you get this view

You can zoom in and out.. I zoomed in here to see just the full target

Here I zoomed in to one individual point of aim/target

Thanks. It looks better than Frank's set-up.
    smartselect_20231107_055527_chrome-jpg.8272810

• Haha
    Reactions: padom