• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

4th Annual 4R Rifle Club Team Hunting Challenge

bailey1474

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2009
Oklahoma
www.3rdgss.com
We have settled on Sept. 17th for our match this year. For those of you that have come in the past, it will be COMPLETELY different this year. Gone are the animal cutouts and all that bsing time. This year we are going with a walking style match. Both members of the team must shoot and each team member could need (if you really suck) 150 rounds! you will need a min of 75 rounds if hit everything the first time.

Had to up the entry a little b/c I have to buy alot of steel to make this work. Also putting a cuttoff date of July 31 so we can get the money in and get the targets bought, built and setup in time. Still only allowing 30 teams. Don't like to but gonna have to be really strict on that this year b/c that is all we have room for w/15 stations.

Below is the flyer. <span style="color: #FF0000">Prizes are what was given away last year. They will be different but comparable.</span> I will update the flyer and prizes as I get commitments from vendors. Should have somewhere around $40-$50,000 worth of stuff to give away!! Prizes will be given in pairs just like in the past. I think this will be our best one yet!!
shoot11.jpg

Re: 4th Annual 4R Rifle Club Team Hunting Challenge

Oh yea! can't wait. Had a blast last year, can't wait to see what you have for us this year.

Will it be held in the same location as last year?

Probably. Depends on if I can find a better place. Kinda hard down here to find a place big enough and remote enough to do a walking match but I know we can make that place work if we can't find anything else.

This was a fun shoot last year. Looking forward to it again. The new format looks like it will be a good one.

Re: 4th Annual 4R Rifle Club Team Hunting Challeng

Me and cousin Eddy are planning to attend. Looking forward to another fun match. And I would like to extend my safety briefing services to your match also. If you feel the need. Just let me know.

Check on the way. Trying to team up with an okie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Me and cousin Eddy are planning to attend. Looking forward to another fun match. And I would like to extend my safety briefing services to your match also. If you feel the need. Just let me know. </div></div>

By the way this is the best safety breifer in the business , handsdown you should use him BJ

BJ me and Boss are in.

Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mick265</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BJ me and Boss are in.

Mick</div></div> Thought you were retired?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mick265</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BJ me and Boss are in.

Mick</div></div> Thought you were retired? </div></div>

Not me, I'm in my prime....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mick265</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mick265</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BJ me and Boss are in.

</div></div>

Yeah, you look it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3rdgss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mick265</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mick265</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BJ me and Boss are in.

</div></div>

Yeah, you look it.</div></div>

"Make no mistake, its not revenge he's after... It's the reckoning."

count me in, Me and Dustin. checks in the mail

I'm trying to convince Lucks to shoot this with me. I sent the entry fee in as leverage.

Just wanted to put a plug in for Geordie Richardson. Thanks to him I know have all AR500 plate targets for the match!! He's been a big help and is currently working on something else for the match. I will let you guys know if it happens. If it does, it will be awesome!!

And thanks to the great deal Geordie gave me, I may just have enough money to pay Matt Parry, aka millman, to give the safety briefing. I am still in negotiations w/him. His talents command a very high price!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check on the way. Trying to team up with an okie </div></div>

Geordie,

I'd team up with you but I just realized I'll be in Dallas with the wife that weekend. I might be able to work something out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check on the way. Trying to team up with an okie </div></div>

Geordie,

I'd team up with you but I just realized I'll be in Dallas with the wife that weekend. I might be able to work something out. </div></div>
Maverick im shooting with Steven from Surgeon. But thanks for the offer

Just wanted to let Brad Bell and Floyd Cook know I got their check along w/Geordie's. Not sure why I did't just tell him to keep his b/c he's going to get it back plus somemore soon
smile.gif

Also have a deal going w/Blackhawk Metal Works for some remote targets. I will let you guys know how that shakes out and how it will change the match format. Keep a close eye on the flyer in the first post. I will change it today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Me and cousin Eddy are planning to attend. Looking forward to another fun match. And I would like to extend my safety briefing services to your match also. If you feel the need. Just let me know. </div></div>

"cousin" Dang I thought y'all where life partners????

Matt who's doing the typing on the computer for you? I know you don't know how to use one of those things.... I didn't even know you knew what the internet was!!!!!!

Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
4rEddieandMatt-1-1.jpg
</div></div>

Dude, this is just CLASSIC!!!! I love it!!!

Man that is funny. See Rich tonight when he gets to his girlfriends house. And the rest of you in August for a steel target exercise.

Just wanted to let Kevin Elpers know that I got his check.

Hey Matt, you coming down to Rick's?? If you are and are bringing a cigar, bring me one. I'll buy it from you.

Got you covered. You want that Lewinskyed? No charge.

I'll pass on that. Don't let Eddie get ahold of it. I know what he likes to do w/those things.

I'll throw in some shine and we will have the ATF covered. One stop gets all three.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3rdgss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll pass on that. Don't let Eddie get ahold of it. I know what he likes to do w/those things. </div></div>

There is no tellin'

Shane and I are all paid up. Ready for another great shoot. See you suckers in Sept!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IRS stole all my money.. IOU's sent out. </div></div>

Your girlfriend's name is IRS now

Just wanted to let u guys know that we are going to accept 32 teams.
As of right now I have 5 spots left so if u want in you'd better hurry!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sending the check today. </div></div>

Got it.

I have 3 spots left and I know I have at least one more check in the mail so if you want in you'd better hurry up!! I will take more than the 32 teams and put people on a waiting list. I will then just hold your check until you are in or shred it if you don't get in.

July 31st is the cutoff date and there will be no refunds after that (with in reason). Everyone should know if they are in or out at that point I would think.

Im partnered with Gugubica, see you guys there.

How about you bring her w/you? We can have her drive around on a golf cart and hand out water to the competitors.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3rdgss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about you bring her w/you? We can have her drive around on a golf cart and hand out water to the competitors. </div></div>
I'd like to drive her around but I am not sure we would be friends after that.

Just a heads up. We got the first prizes of the year rounded up and they are a pair of Swarovski 20-60x80mm ATM HD spotters. Retail value of $3398.90 each. Special thanks to Dustin and Greg at Swarovski for supporting us and the sport we love!! Might just be the top prize. Will have to see what else I can round up.

Well guys, we are full. I have 32 teams in the match. If anyone wants to go ahead and enter and be put on a waiting list that is good w/me. Probably only be taking about 4 teams for the waiting list. You can send a check and if you get in, I will cash if not, I will shred it. Deadline to pull out w/refund is July 31 so you will know if your in by then or shortly there after. Looking forward to it guys!!!

Just got conformation from my Thompson Center rep that we will have a pair of WarLords to give away as well. Thanks to Thompson Center for supporting us!!

Can't wait until this match...big thanks to all the sponsors!