• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

4th vehicle accident.

CuTm

SHjr
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2018
Az
Was at stop sign. Car directly across from me runs stop sign, gets t-boned by lifted duramax. They both slide into the front end of my Silverado. Everybody lived. I’m over this shit . This is the 3rd vehicle I’ve had totaled, 3rd time at hospital, at no fault of my own. Have medical ready at all times. Make a kit for you’re vehicle have tourniquets. Keep you’re cell phone in you’re pocket. When you crash you need it. If you’re trapped or fucked up you won’t be able to find it when the bitch launches across you’re vehicle . Whoever shows up to help you needs you’re phone to. You may be to punch drunk to use it. Ask me how I know .

Having a way to call 911 is good advice. Tourniquets, not so much. 99.9% of blunt trauma won't benefit from a tourniquet. Unless you can get it around your liver or spleen. :cool:

I always manage to have someone run into me while I am sitting at a red light, completely stopped, and have been for 30+ seconds.

Sick of it. I always said the next fucking time that happens, I'm going to open the door, roll out onto the street and make a huge deal out of my 'injury'.

I always manage to have someone run into me while I am sitting at a red light, completely stopped, and have been for 30+ seconds.

Sick of it. I always said the next fucking time that happens, I'm going to open the door, roll out onto the street and make a huge deal out of my 'injury'.
Will that make you feel better?

Yep I have been hit several times by folk that acted like stop lights didn't exist.
My ribs still bother me when shooting too much from the last one.

I wear a watch connected to my cell phone that can call with voice commands if needed.

I did find however running a front and rear dashcam is a huge help because the guilty parties can't seem to help but lie.

I mean they run a stop light, crash into me, they get ticketed by the police for running the light, I have witnesses... then their insurance company tells me they claim I ran the light.

So now I have dashcams.

The last time someone ran a light and plowed into me, when the police officer asked for my statement, I pulled the memory card out of the camera, stuck it in the cell phone adapter and said... here watch....

Still good to have a tourniquet or two.

One never knows when a motorcycle rider will lose a leg in front of you...... or a nut job will shoot up Walmart. Or someone will be injured on job site.

And yes. Blunt trauma is most MVC trauma.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
Having a way to call 911 is good advice. Tourniquets, not so much. 99.9% of blunt trauma won't benefit from a tourniquet. Unless you can get it around your liver or spleen. :cool:
You’re right. I don’t know how one of the 4 girls in the car that pulled in front of the truck got a huge cut on her forearm. Goofy stuff . The blunt trauma stuff is horrible .

You’re right. I don’t know how one of the 4 girls in the car that pulled in front of the truck got a huge cut on her forearm. Goofy stuff . The blunt trauma stuff is horrible .
I know I'm right, thanks. I've done it for the last 20 years.

FYI, if you're at the scene of anything and someone has a large laceration on an extremity, use gauze, or a towel or any kind of cloth to achieve direct pressure. No tourniquet.

Yep I have been hit several times by folk that acted like stop lights didn't exist.
My ribs still bother me when shooting too much from the last one.

I wear a watch connected to my cell phone that can call with voice commands if needed.

I did find however running a front and rear dashcam is a huge help because the guilty parties can't seem to help but lie.

I mean they run a stop light, crash into me, they get ticketed by the police for running the light, I have witnesses... then their insurance company tells me they claim I ran the light.

So now I have dashcams.

The last time someone ran a light and plowed into me, when the police officer asked for my statement, I pulled the memory card out of the camera, stuck it in the cell phone adapter and said... here watch....
Dashcam is your friend

Reactions: W54/XM-388
@MTB doc

Lots of us have been doing this for years.

Where you are correct about the stages of how to treat a lac, with tourniquet being last, nobody else here saw the lac or how it was bleeding.

We also have no idea about response time for EMS, their capabilities, transport time, or what kind of facility they would be transported to.

And yes. Plenty of MVCs end up with injuries to limbs that require rapid treatment of hemorrhage.

Reactions: Mwalex
FYI, if you're at the scene of anything and someone has a large laceration on an extremity, use gauze, or a towel or any kind of cloth to achieve direct pressure. No tourniquet.
This thread is probably going to annoy the shit out of you. I would not wanna be someone in this thread that has been doing this for 20 years haha.

LOL, it's all good. I don't usually chime in on medical shit for that exact reason. If I do, especially with a smart ass comment, I gotta take whatever responses I get.

LOL, it's all good. I don't usually chime in on medical shit for that exact reason. If I do, especially with a smart ass comment, I gotta take whatever responses I get.
Wise man

I have a bit of an inkling as to how you feel. Since I bought my last truck (white Silverado 2500HD) I have been hit three times.

First time I get rear ended while waiting at a stop light, in a friggin construction zone. 19 year old kid decided to kill his Satern into and under my rear bumper. I did not bother asking him if he was on his cell phone. He actually turned out to be an honest decent kid and fessed up to it.

Second time was at a complete stop in traffic and a mom with kids in a minivan did the same thing. Pulled over looked at the front end of her van and the (formerly) newly fixed rear bumper on my truck. I told her to be on her way after making sure she had a drivable vehicle. Did not want to deal with the hassle of insurance all over again.

Third time was hit by a guy driving a jeep all of 15 minutes old. He had literally drove it off the lot brand new 15 minutes before hitting me. It was a gift to his wife. He changed lanes into the passenger side of my truck while we were going about 45mph on a city street. I had nowhere to go being as I was in the inside lane. Again, the jeep (not a real one, one of the wannabe suvs with a jeep nameplate on it) came out the worse in a big way but both vehicles went to the shop.

Personally, I don’t find white ¾ ton trucks difficult to see but hey everyone is different. Fortunately, in all cases no one was seriously hurt. Stuff can be replaced, people can’t. The first word out of my mouth in all three cases was, “Are you all right?” I could tell none of the three was expecting that kind of reaction. Not so sure what my reaction would be if say my daughter got hurt. She was in the car for accident #2.

man I'm sure your insurance company loves you!

If you drive a truck or suv, leave your trailer hitch in when not towing. I've f'ed up some vehicles without them touching my bumper.

When I do that I just f@ck up my shins when I run into it walking behind my truck...
I grease the ball when towing. I have several pairs of pants with a grease stain in the same spot. Took me a while to figure out it was from touching the ball with my pants.

If you drive a truck or suv, leave your trailer hitch in when not towing. I've f'ed up some vehicles without them touching my bumper.

Yup and insurance companies bare it enough that they have gotten some states to make it illegal to leave your hatch in.

Pretty f ed up world we live in when insurance companies get our "representatives " to pass
Seat belt laws
Remove your hitch laws
Game season changes and cull hunts

Etc.

As to injuries.
I'm the least litigious guy you know. I hate insurance scammers. They make guys like me suffer.

Guys decides to "merge" using turn lane, as I'm coming up turn lane for legal turn. He is charged with illegal movement or some such. He hits me head on. Cop asks if a need ambulance, "Nah, I think I'm ok."
WRONG ANSWER!
You don't know whether you are ok or not. Go to the hospital, and have them turn you wrong side out.
2 days later I'm at the doctor barely able to move my neck.
"Whiplash, you'll be fine, x-ray looks fine." My doctor (Gen Prac.) is a quack, and an asshole.
2 months later still hurting. "Physical therapy". Dickheads insurance refuses to pay for my car and medical.
4 months later physical therapy somewhat alleviated pain, still having problems. "These things take time, new x-ray is showing me nothing."
Doctor starts treating me like an insurance scsmmer..

Finally get a lawyer to take my case. 12 of the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet, decide to give me half of the $3500 I was asking.
Allstate's lawyer tells me after the trial, "No hard feelings, it's just business." He had seen my look of a thousand slow deaths.

The insurance company, will spend $10k to avoid paying you $5k. Take the ride in the "wow wow".

In 2017 I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis between C4-5-6, with ruptured disk between 5 and 6. Had fusion. Fusion didn't take. Debilitating spinal headaches when the weather changes or turns cold. Facing more surgery that is an absolute crapshoot.
Can't run chainsaw, weed eater, of shoot anything that kicks. Long car rides will have me laying up in bed. Got a doozy headache right now. Narcotics won't touch it unless I take enough to pass out.
Recourse against the asshole that broke the law? I'm SOL.

Go.
To.
The.
Hospital.

And don't rub dirt on it and soldier through it.

• Love
Reactions: W54/XM-388