• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5.11 Field Ops Watch w/ Sureshot Ballistic Program

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2007
Glacier Valley Alaska
I picked one of these up and me likes especially for the price. Worked very well and holds current last data going from watch to ballistic mode. Keeping it in ballistics mode while you shoot and just scroll through the inputs if they changed was easy.

Range
Wind direction
Wind speed
Inclination angle
Temperature
Altitude
Bore height
BC of bullet
Muzzle velocity
Zero range
Display = mils, moa etc
Click value

After data input, hit button A and it calculates giving mils and clicks. Updating any data input then pushing A button will re-calculate, no need to scroll through all the data inputs; wind speed or direction changes, range, etc. scroll, input the update, hit A, calculate. Sureshot is 5.11 name for the Horis ballistics program according to 5.11.

The buttons are small to push for those wearing gloves but I rarely have a glove on my trigger hand.

The display is large and easy to read but not real bright especially here in Alaska with the dim winter light, hitting the D button for light makes reading easier.

It came with an extra wrist strap that is super long for wear over gloves or outside a jacket sleeve.

It has 3 times zones and I was hoping my time zone on 12 hour and Zulu on 24 hour with Time 3 but changing one changes all three.

Button E is a compass and is calculated to your declination; push in what the declination is, hit button C and it calibrates. Mine is 21-24 depending on exactly where I am.

It does have a larger profile than by Timex and I have caught it on a few things.

I am sure there are better and all that noise using PDA, cell phones, I this and I that etc but for the cost and my shooting it was worth the money and is a useful shooting tool. I like how its always with me right there on my wrist.

Re: 5.11 Field Ops Watch w/ Sureshot Ballistic Program

nothing new about it....been out for awhile...hope your strap lasts longer than everyone elses...