• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors 5.56 can's

travgrif

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2010
Dublin, OH
I'm trying to decide between a couple different cans. There's not a ton of reviews/discussions that I could find on either. I'm stuck between the SAS M-47 TOMB and the SWR Specwar. My dealer will have a Specwar in stock within the next week or so. The M-47 I would need to transfer in. All in all the 2 suppressors would be about the exact same price. Any opinions?

This is going to be a big NFA time for me. Just sent in a Form 1 to build an SBR. Also going to purchase an Octane 9 HD from my dealer next week. And also looking at purchasing the SAS Reaper for my 300BLK SBR build.

Re: 5.56 can's

i think since your getting a 5.56 AND 30 cal. cans, you should just buy one super nice 30 cal. and rock it on both. mho

I'd really like to have a separate suppressor for each rifle. That way, if me and my wife are shooting together, we can both be suppressed. I do know that the Octane 9 HD will shoot 300 subsonic, but would still like to have a dedicated for each rifle. There is no such thing as having too many suppressors are there?
smile.gif

I'm kind of leaning towards the Specwar. Just because they are in stock and will save me the time for form 3 transfer. The sales guy told me that he has waited 3 months before for a form 3 to clear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: travgrif</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd really like to have a separate suppressor for each rifle. That way, if me and my wife are shooting together, we can both be suppressed. I do know that the Octane 9 HD will shoot 300 subsonic, but would still like to have a dedicated for each rifle. There is no such thing as having too many suppressors are there?
smile.gif

I'm kind of leaning towards the Specwar. Just because they are in stock and will save me the time for form 3 transfer. The sales guy told me that he has waited 3 months before for a form 3 to clear. </div></div>

That might not be a bad idea. The form 3's are sometimes painfully slow anymore so you're probably making a safe decision there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Griffin Armament</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: travgrif</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd really like to have a separate suppressor for each rifle. That way, if me and my wife are shooting together, we can both be suppressed. I do know that the Octane 9 HD will shoot 300 subsonic, but would still like to have a dedicated for each rifle. There is no such thing as having too many suppressors are there?
smile.gif

I'm kind of leaning towards the Specwar. Just because they are in stock and will save me the time for form 3 transfer. The sales guy told me that he has waited 3 months before for a form 3 to clear. </div></div>

That might not be a bad idea. The form 3's are sometimes painfully slow anymore so you're probably making a safe decision there. </div></div>

Heres a question I have been asking but keep getting different answers. If you have the serial number of your can, and the form 4's that were pre filled out by the dealer, can you send them in prior to the form 3's clearing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stinger78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Heres a question I have been asking but keep getting different answers. If you have the serial number of your can, and the form 4's that were pre filled out by the dealer, can you send them in prior to the form 3's clearing? </div></div>

No. The Form 4 transfers the can to you from your local dealer. They can't do that until they have possession of the can. My form 3 was sent Apr 12 and got back May 30.