• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5.6x50?

cmnspwr

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 12, 2009
Jackson, Tennessee
Anyone know abything about this cartridge? My father recently passed away and was going through his things and found a couple hundred new brass in this caliber.

Re: 5.6x50?

Interested to hear, got a snapshot of the case?

Does it look kinda like a 30-30 case that's been necked to 22 caliber? I'm probably not thinking of the right thing, but if that's what it looks like, you might be dealing with a 22 Savage.

Is THIS THIS it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is THIS THIS it?
</div></div>

Yes, that's it. I'll see if I can get a picture up later this afternoon.

Does anyone shoot this cartridge? I think I'd be willing to sell the brass as I have no use for it.

Ok, took some pics and dimensions.

Ammo228.jpg

Next to a .223
Ammo229.jpg

Ammo231.jpg

Ammo230.jpg

I believe it is the smallest legal Roe deer cartridge from Germany. Slightly larger than a .222 Rem Magnum, a fine cartridge in itself. Yes, it is for a .224 diameter bullet.

If anyone is interested, I have 500 rounds of this brass for sale in the classifieds. All is new and unprimed.

You would get a mint for it on Accurate Reloading . com try their EE classifieds.