• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5.7x28

Runnineh

Take a look to the sky just before you die
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2018
Behind enemy lines
Does anyone have any experience loading 5.7? Been doing a ton of research and find lots data here and there. I guess more specifically, I'm looking to see if IMR4227 is usable. Thanks guys.

Blue Dot and AA9 are about as slow as I go in 5.7x28, I doubt IMR4227 would work.

Reactions: Runnineh
autocomp has been my go to for as long as I’ve loaded 5.7x28

Same for me, but I might try True Blue when I use up my AutoComp as folks on a number of forums have claimed good speed with no mentions of the mag popping on the PS90, which is sometimes an issue if suppressed and running near the top with some of the more voluminous powders.

Same for me, but I might try True Blue when I use up my AutoComp as folks on a number of forums have claimed good speed with no mentions of the mag popping on the PS90, which is sometimes an issue if suppressed and running near the top with some of the more voluminous powders.
I’m not running a delayed blowback system, and I’m pretty sure I could jump up to 6g and still be ok. I never really ventured up that high. Kinda found a couple of good loads for my rifle and stuck with it. I ran 4.8 forever, and decided to jump to 5.2 for a little more velocity.

My next step is playing with some 55g subsonic rounds. Had the intention of doing it years ago and never got around to to. I did load some 62g green tip, but iffin i remember correctly they did not fly right in my 1:14 barrel

True Blue (IIRC) is what is in the factory loads (or at least equivalent to the factory powder pressure). It's been a while since I reloaded 5.7, but back when it first came out, many on the FiveseveN forums were stating this.

True Blue (IIRC) is what is in the factory loads (or at least equivalent to the factory powder pressure). It's been a while since I reloaded 5.7, but back when it first came out, many on the FiveseveN forums were stating this.
It was a close likeness. Supposedly the real powder is not available to the public.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Where are you guys finding projectiles? I’ve been scouring the usual retailers and not coming up with anything.

I’m loading for a 22 Savage High Power and a 228 Ackley Magnum which both use a 0.228”/5.7mm bullet.

Where are you guys finding projectiles? I’ve been scouring the usual retailers and not coming up with anything.

I’m loading for a 22 Savage High Power and a 228 Ackley Magnum which both use a 0.228”/5.7mm bullet.
5.7 uses standard components like you’d use for 223. I buy most of mine off the px here.

Small rifle primer
.224 projectiles

Reactions: Modoc
5.7 uses standard components like you’d use for 223. I buy most of mine off the px here.

Small rifle primer
.224 projectiles
Thank you. I went back and re-ran the conversion and my two rifles are 5.79mm dia for bullets. I guess that I will need to find My materials to slug the bores and get true measurements and go from there.

Thank you. I went back and re-ran the conversion and my two rifles are 5.79mm dia for bullets. I guess that I will need to find My materials to slug the bores and get true measurements and go from there.
Iffin you have a 5.7x28 shooting rifle, it takes .224 projectiles. No need to slug it. Iffin your talking about a different gun, then by all means ignore this post

Reactions: Modoc